Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a couple of questions about the proof of accommodation.
So we have signed a lease under my name on a property (my spouse's name is not on the lease). We also signed a supplementary agreement that basically states the my husband has permission to live there if his visa is granted (and then his name would be added to the lease).
Obviously we will include the lease and the supplementary agreement but do we also need a letter giving permission from the landlord on top of that?
I also see looking on threads here that people are including utility bills and/or a council tax statement. Is that totally necessary? We won't have these from the property for several weeks as we are both living in the US right now and not yet in the property. I also ask about that because in the supporting docs guide it doesn't say you "have" to include these but just that you could?

"Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.
Details of the accommodation that you and your sponsor intend to live in and permission for you to stay there along with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord confirming that you are able to stay there"

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are overthinking! Relax!
What you have is quite sufficient. You don't have bills because you haven't moved in yet. Supplementary agreement takes the place of letter of permission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.