Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for spouse Visa -

question: if i have been recently made an attorney of properties to rental manage how can i use this to support my accomdation? as i am short of space to fulfil this requirement and this is the only thing i have - bearing in mind i am also allowed to stay or use the property for personal use rent free in emergencies if need be. Do i incorporate this statement in the attorney or can i have a separate letter of accomodation stating this? and how will this attonery be benefical to me in the application?

Please help and advise :confused:

Many thanks!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What do you mean by 'an attorney of properties to rental manage'? Are you a rental manager to various properties? I can't see how that can meet the accommodation requirement. You need a place of your own, bought with mortgage, outright, rented with tenancy agreement or to stay with relative or friend with their permission, provided there's no overcrowding.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have authority to manage and rent my uncles properties. and he is willing to help me out in reference to accommodation if need be. although i live with my parents he said i can use one of his properties if i want to stay there with my partner until i find a place whenever. all im asking is, is it worth having this stated in the attorney or can i have this in writing as a letter of accommodation. and the fact that i have this authority does that make any difference or help at all?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If you are living with your parents and there is room for your spouse, that's the easiest way.
Or if your uncle can rent you a place (or even on rent-free basis), that's a possibility too. You need a letter from him allowing you and your spouse to live there. If you are using your salary as letting agent/manager, your status will be clear in any case so no need to mention it again.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand Joppa, but I do not have enough room in my parents’ house for my spouse as I have a child and my requirement is for 2 rooms. If my uncle has agreed that I can use 2 rooms in one of his property rent free for as long as I need it – will this be better if I have this stated in the attorney as well or can I have this written on letter by him separately and I can attach the attorney document too? Or because these properties are used for rental basis I can have it stated that I can stay in 2 rooms/ in the property and pay (a lower certain sum) amount?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What do you mean by attorney document? You only need your uncle's personal letter. If the property is shared with other tenants, you should get property inspection report.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess the attorney is a separate thing, if I get my uncles letter and I will need to attach the land registry inspection report etc I can include this document as well to show that I play a part in managing his properties?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Inspection is done either by your council (if they offer it), a surveyor or online provider. You don't need to state anything about your role with your uncle's properties as far as accommodation is concerned.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not in British English. Attorney here means someone authorised to act on behalf of others, such as powers of attorney when a relative takes over the running of personal affairs for an elderly, disabled relative. I assume the OP is an attorney on behalf of her uncle in property management. Another word for attorney in British English is agent.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep ur right Joppa :)
Joppa if i have problems with accomodation what would be the best thing to do to make this easier?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just rent a property (exclusive use) from your uncle, with tenancy agreement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.