Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the accommodation standards for a fiancee Visa.
Basically I live in a 2 bedroom flat with a lounge, kitchen and bathroom.
I submitted the tenancy agreement and a letter from my landlord (saying that there is adequate space for my fiancee to join my house) with the visa application, but suddenly I started to worry while reading other posts because I didn't submit a review from my council that would asses that my house isn't overcrowded.
We are 3 tenants (1 couple +me) in the house so the total will be 4 with my fiancee.
I was checking on the gov website and it says that any room, excluding kitchen and bathroom, counts towards the amount of people entitled to live in the house.
Considering this it would be 5 people max for an house with 3 rooms.
Any reply is welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know its recommended, but I didn't think it was a required thing.
For example I'm applying soon and I wont have a paper from the council stating its not crowded, but two people are living in our 3 bedroom semi-detached house, and I have a paper from the land lord as well stating it'd be fine/not crowded.

But because you have so many already, and +1 more, you may want to get council information about the house.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately we started the procedure on friday and cannot add anymore documents.
We used a solicitor and he didn't mention anything about overcrowding.
I just feel so stressed :(

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
When you are sharing accommodation we recommend that you have a property inspection done by the council or a surveyor which impartially and independently verifies that there is no overcrowding. The word of your landlord may or may not be sufficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.