Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some posts on here about letters not being evenly spread and the HO asking for more, I wondered if this list is okay? It's for FLR(M). I know there's probably a few more than necessary but I'd rather be safe than sorry as unfortunately we don't have that many in joint names.

Evidence of Current Address:

• 1 x Business Lease / Tenancy Agreement - August (Sponsor)
• 1 x Solicitor letter - September (Sponsor)
• 1 x Personal Alcohol Licence letter - September (Applicant)
• 1 x Council Tax bill - September (Joint)

• 1 x Electricity bill - November to February (Applicant)
• 1 x Non-domestic rate bill - March (Sponsor)
• 1 x Council Tax bill - April (Joint)
• 1 x Electricity bill - October to December (Applicant)

• 1 x Council Tax bill - March (Joint)
• 1 x Letter from local MP - May (Joint)
• 1 x Gas bill - June (Applicant)

Evidence of Previous Address:

April 2010 - Sept 2015
• 1 x Letter from "" confirming tenancy duration (Joint)
• 2 x Personal Alcohol Licence letters - March 2015 (Applicant/Sponsor)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
After reading some posts on here about letters not being evenly spread and the HO asking for more, I wondered if this list is okay? It's for FLR(M). I know there's probably a few more than necessary but I'd rather be safe than sorry as unfortunately we don't have that many in joint names.

Evidence of Current Address:

• 1 x Gas bill - June (Applicant)

Evidence of Previous Address:

April 2010 - Sept 2015
• 1 x Letter from "" confirming tenancy duration (Joint)
• 2 x Personal Alcohol Licence letters - March 2015 (Applicant/Sponsor)

You have 3 Council Tax Bills, the HO will only consider 2 from any one source.
Assume the Alcohol Letters are from the Local Authority who manage Licences I believe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You each need 6 examples spread fairly evenly over the last 2 years from at least 3 different sources. You certainly don't need anything from 2010.
Yes, what's worrying me is we don't have enough jointly. Also I'm not submitting something from 2010 just for fun. It's obviously a letter confirming our tenancy at a property from 2010-2015. We haven't lived at our current address for a full two years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have 3 Council Tax Bills, the HO will only consider 2 from any one source.
Assume the Alcohol Letters are from the Local Authority who manage Licences I believe.
Yes it's from a Local Council. Wow I didn't realise they only consider 2 per source? The electricity and gas are separate but both from British Gas, is that an issue? The March 2016 letter is also from the Council.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes it's from a Local Council. Wow I didn't realise they only consider 2 per source? The electricity and gas are separate but both from British Gas, is that an issue? The March 2016 letter is also from the Council.

:confused:
British Gas, that is a tricky one. I am not sure if the different power sources will be accepted coming from one Biller. My gut feeling is NO, but could be wrong.

After-thought, do you have any communications from HMRC and or Doctors?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Skyf.

How does this look now? That's 4 individually and 3 joint (still keeping the extra Council Tax bill in just in case). Plus a couple of letters confirming our previous address just to cover all bases.

• 1 x Water bill - May (Applicant)
• 1 x Barclaycard letter - July (Sponsor)

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You don't have to have 6 addressed jointly. You just need 6 examples each. For example, if you have 2 addressed jointly then you would each need 4 addressed singly.

You just need to prove that you've lived together for the past 2 years. If where you lived previously is outside of the last 2 years, it's not necessary.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't have to have 6 addressed jointly. You just need 6 examples each. For example, if you have 2 addressed jointly then you would each need 4 addressed singly.

You just need to prove that you've lived together for the past 2 years. If where you lived previously is outside of the last 2 years, it's not necessary.

Sorry, I think that's incorrect. It says on my online application form -

"For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted." I might have a few extra (which I'm fine with) but 6 won't be enough.

We moved in 28th August 2015 so our previous address is still relevant as we're submitting next week.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank you Skyf.

How does this look now? That's 4 individually and 3 joint (still keeping the extra Council Tax bill in just in case). Plus a couple of letters confirming our previous address just to cover all bases.

• 1 x Water bill - May (Applicant)
• 1 x Barclaycard letter - July (Sponsor)
Assume the MP letter is on Official headed paper and the issue is not contentious. i.e unrelated to your Visa apps. You do not want to rub the ECO up the wrong way!!

If that is included and disregard 1 of the Council Tax bills you require 3 from each of you have the Power bills (2) and the Alcohol Letter.
Sponsor has Non D Rates, Lease Agreement, just a bit concerned about the Solicitor Letter which will need stamping by their office.
Are you sure Sponsor does not have HMRC letter? Would have thought in Business there will have been Tax returns etc.

That will make 3 Joint and 6 in sole names ( 3 from each of you). This makes up the requirement.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Assume the MP letter is on Official headed paper and the issue is not contentious. i.e unrelated to your Visa apps. You do not want to rub the ECO up the wrong way!!

If that is included and disregard 1 of the Council Tax bills you require 3 from each of you have the Power bills (2) and the Alcohol Letter.
Sponsor has Non D Rates, Lease Agreement, just a bit concerned about the Solicitor Letter which will need stamping by their office.
Are you sure Sponsor does not have HMRC letter? Would have thought in Business there will have been Tax returns etc.

That will make 3 Joint and 6 in sole names ( 3 from each of you). This makes up the requirement.
Thank you, much appreciated!

The MP letter is on official headed paper and was regarding voting for him so nothing contentious.

The Solicitor letter is on official headed paper, signed and is regarding the Business purchase and premises licence - which we also have to submit as part of the Financial info (evidence to show appropriate local authority consent). We live and work at the same address.

No HMRC letters just yet, accountant is currently doing 2 year's worth of accounts.

No GP letters either as thankfully we're never ill.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Sorry, I think that's incorrect. It says on my online application form -

"For example - 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted." I might have a few extra (which I'm fine with) but 6 won't be enough.

We moved in 28th August 2015 so our previous address is still relevant as we're submitting next week.

It's not incorrect. You need 6 examples each. If you have 6 addressed jointly that's 6 each. If you have 4 addressed jointly and 2 addressed singly, that's 6 each. It's 8 total, but it's 6 each. If you have 2 addressed jointly and 4 addressed singly, that's 6 each. It's 10 items total, but it's 6 each.

There is no need to add a few extra.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank you, much appreciated!

The MP letter is on official headed paper and was regarding voting for him so nothing contentious.

The Solicitor letter is on official headed paper, signed and is regarding the Business purchase and premises licence - which we also have to submit as part of the Financial info (evidence to show appropriate local authority consent). We live and work at the same address.

No HMRC letters just yet, accountant is currently doing 2 year's worth of accounts.

No GP letters either as thankfully we're never ill.
Does your Accountant have any document from HMRC in relation to your affairs? It would be unusual that HMRC have not been touch in one way and another. Apart from Income Tax are you not registered for VAT for which there is a valid document and or periodic returns due from the Business.

Even though never ill you would be well advised to get registered with a Medical Practice. It is a another piece of invaluable evidence.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does your Accountant have any document from HMRC in relation to your affairs? It would be unusual that HMRC have not been touch in one way and another. Apart from Income Tax are you not registered for VAT for which there is a valid document and or periodic returns due from the Business.

Even though never ill you would be well advised to get registered with a Medical Practice. It is a another piece of invaluable evidence.
No we aren't VAT registered (will be soon). It was a rundown business when we took over but isn't anymore.

We're registered but haven't been back since 2015 and I can't find any postage from them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
No we aren't VAT registered (will be soon). It was a rundown business when we took over but isn't anymore.

We're registered but haven't been back since 2015 and I can't find any postage from them.
Would be a good idea to ask Practice to provide a confirmation letter!! You then have a record to keep safe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would be a good idea to ask Practice to provide a confirmation letter!! You then have a record to keep safe.
Ok I'll try and get that. I also just asked my husband about HMRC and he said I have a letter from June so I'll swap the Barclaycard letter for this.

Thanks for your help :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.