Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just a quick question about the accommodation letter.

The accommodation we're applying with is owned by a family member of the sponsor. Should the letter from the owner contain their address and contact details, or just simply the content? Are there any specifics the letter should mention or a format that it should follow?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The owner's letter must contain their contact details, so that UKVI if they so desire can get in touch and verify information supplied.
Just state ownership, offer to let you and your partner live in their property as long as you need to, and that they have suitable accommodation for you. If it is shared, it should be accompanied by property inspection report to show the accommodation will not be overcrowded and is otherwise suitable for occupation. See if their local council offers this service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The owner's letter must contain their contact details, so that UKVI if they so desire can get in touch and verify information supplied.
Just state ownership, offer to let you and your partner live in their property as long as you need to, and that they have suitable accommodation for you. If it is shared, it should be accompanied by property inspection report to show the accommodation will not be overcrowded and is otherwise suitable for occupation. See if their local council offers this service.
Yes we already did the inspection report to state the property is suitable. Although I'm the only one living in the property, we just thought an inspection report would be useful as well. The report was done by a state agent.

Should I include anything else in addition to the report, letter from owner, land registry in owner name, and utility bill?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, I know I'm writing in someone else's post but it's a similar question.

My fiancée is Australian and we are applying for a fiancée visa. I live on my own in my parents 3 bed roomed property, I have a letter that both of them have signed stating they own the house and are willi to let us both live there rent free on our own, but for proof it's their house I have an electricity bill that is only sent out every 3 months so it's dated March- 3rd June, when we apply in late July it will be past the 28days mark and won't be getting another one until September. The second bill I have is water rates, that is dated March and has a list of future payment dates up until November 2015 when they will be getting a new bill. Will these two things be sufficient?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Utility bills are fine but you need proof of ownership in the form of Land Registry title certificate (download for £3), but only for registered premises. Some houses aren't registered.
Plus property inspection report as an independent confirmation of the suitability of the accommodation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My parents don't want to get the property inspection, I don't know why.
They have the deeds to the house, they are in both my parents names and also my grandmas name ... My grandma lived here with me until she died September 2014, she left my parents her part of the house to them in her will.
So would I have to provide the original deeds, her death certificate and her will???

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's pity. Inspection is the best way of showing that the property is suitable and won't be overcrowded.
Just attach a note stating that the grandmother has died.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know, they are funny like that!

Would a normal photo copy of the deed be sufficient? With a signed letter by one of my parents saying she passed away?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just get Land Registry title certificate for £3.
Or you can state she has passed away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you for your help!
My mind is relieved :)

Also a quickie, on my parents letter about accommodation. Does it have to mention rent free, or what rent is needed to be paid?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I paid for the £3 thing, but it says that's just an online copy and can't be used as a proof of ownership and have to apply for a paper copy for £7 lol

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
£3 certificate is still acceptable for visa purpose. Hundreds have used it successfully.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Iv got another problem!
Through the whole getting paper work sorted of come across problem after problem, such bad luck!

The title registry is only in my nans name, my parents didn't add their names to that .. But they do have the deeds with both their names on .. But you can't really copy deeds! I don't know what to do :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok what my parents have suggested is going to their solicitor and getting a certified copy of the will and death certificate to go with the registry title ... So I am going to ask them to get my passport copy certified, I know Iv been told here it's unneeded but everywhere else online says it has to be a certified copy?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
British passport copy doesn't need to be certified as UKVI can look up in passport database. If you hold any other passport, then the copy needs to be certified by embassy/consulate or passport issuing office.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.