Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! - I have a quick question about the accommodation section in the visa spouse application.

My wife and I shall be stating in our application we shall be staying with my parents until finding suitable accommodation. My parents are obviously hesitant to send the original copy of the deeds and I read somewhere it needs to be the original.

In regards to the land registry/deeds, I followed advise from this website and went to the government website to purchase a copy of the land registry.
As I live in Scotland, I was prompted to visit another site, linked by the government website - which I did and emailed them, stating: "I'm currently in the process of preparing to be the sponsor of an applicant for a UK marriage visa. I would like to get a copy of the land registry documents / proof of ownership for my parents house, so this document can be sent with the visa application."

Today I received the documents via email, however it is just a Copy Deed in pdf format, stating it has been issued by Registers of Scotland on the top page. I also received an invoice in pdf format, showing the date I asked for the deed and that I've paid for it.
Shall this be enough or do I need to get this document certified somewhere? Or have they sent me the wrong document entirely?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your responses! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi! - I have a quick question about the accommodation section in the visa spouse application.

My wife and I shall be stating in our application we shall be staying with my parents until finding suitable accommodation. My parents are obviously hesitant to send the original copy of the deeds and I read somewhere it needs to be the original.

In regards to the land registry/deeds, I followed advise from this website and went to the government website to purchase a copy of the land registry.
As I live in Scotland, I was prompted to visit another site, linked by the government website - which I did and emailed them, stating: "I'm currently in the process of preparing to be the sponsor of an applicant for a UK marriage visa. I would like to get a copy of the land registry documents / proof of ownership for my parents house, so this document can be sent with the visa application."

Today I received the documents via email, however it is just a Copy Deed in pdf format, stating it has been issued by Registers of Scotland on the top page. I also received an invoice in pdf format, showing the date I asked for the deed and that I've paid for it.
Shall this be enough or do I need to get this document certified somewhere? Or have they sent me the wrong document entirely?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your responses! :)
What you need to request from Registers of Scotland is an Extract of your parents' title deeds; the hard copy will be sent to you within two working days.

See: https://www.ros.gov.uk/services/copy-deeds

teuchter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all once again for the help.

We decided to ask the person who issued the first document for something more official.

She replied: "As the property is recorded in the Sasine Register, we would be able to provide an Extract copy of the Disposition deed. The cost of an Extract is £30 + VAT."

We went for that and we said its urgent and got it the next day by post. Hopefully this will be helpful to people from Scotland. Also ros.gov.uk is the web site we used.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Very expensive. Most people in England have used £3 title certificate which has been accepted by UKVI. Isn't there a cheaper option north of the border?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, In Scotland a lot of things seems to be a bit more complicated :(
As far as we know there isn't cheaper version. The first document that we got which was just scanned copy of the deed with no stamps anywhere was £20... and for sure not something i would enclose with visa application because it didn't really seem like a proper legal document at all.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well, In Scotland a lot of things seems to be a bit more complicated :( As far as we know there isn't cheaper version. The first document that we got which was just scanned copy of the deed with no stamps anywhere was £20... and for sure not something i would enclose with visa application because it didn't really seem like a proper legal document at all.
I have to say that neither the £3 or the £7 version you get from Land Registry look official either! But they work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.