Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everyone, i'm just a new member here. My friend told me it would be easy for me to understand if i'll be the one to ask the question..
So, im still on a fiance visa and it will expire on the 21st of june. We can't apply for flr as we didn't hear anything from the landlord yet, It's been almost 4 weeks since the letting agents trying to contact him and my husband keeps calling them for any updates. We have the tenancy agreement, they've sent as a letter last month reminding that the tenancy will be up for renewal but the problem is the letting agents can't reach the landlord by email and/or calls.

My question is, is it possible if we just ask the letting agents to write a letter for us saying that they can't contact the landlord for some reason and they will just roll over the rental every month, until he response(hopefully not too long). We really want to apply asap because some of my husband's documents will expire soon also and im thinking, if we keep waiting for it and no response til the date of my visa expiration, we can't really apply by that time or else they'll send me back home.

Any advice would be appreciated and
Hope you can help me. Thank you in advance. Godbless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
Most tenancy agreements roll into periodic tenancy after expiry. It should be mentioned in the agreement, in which case you don't need a letter from landlord. Letting agent can write you are permitted to occupy the place as co-tenant.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Adding to what Joppa has stated and irrespective of what the Agent says about Landlord contact, a formal notice should be received at least 1 month before the current Agreement ends otherwise a continuation Tenancy will be created by default. The Agent should know this, you would be well advised to continue paying the rent even though it may be in advance of the period.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adding to what Joppa has stated and irrespective of what the Agent says about Landlord contact, a formal notice should be received at least 1 month before the current Agreement ends otherwise a continuation Tenancy will be created by default. The Agent should know this, you would be well advised to continue paying the rent even though it may be in advance of the period.
yeah that's we would do. thank you.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.