Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently looking for small furnished studio in Madrid center or room with private bathroom. My budget is 450 Euro per month. I'm asking for Madrid as the University is located in Salmanaca.

A friend is recommending Montecarmelo area in Fuencarral. I would like to know is this area safe? also what about the standard of living in this area, is it for middle or low class?

Finally, do you think I can find studio or room with bathroom with this budget in Salamanca?

How can I start searching. I checked idealista but can not find anything suitable with this budget in Salamanca.

Br,
A.Shaalan

·
Administrator
36,462 Posts
Hi,

I'm currently looking for small furnished studio in Madrid center or room with private bathroom. My budget is 450 Euro per month. I'm asking for Madrid as the University is located in Salmanaca.

A friend is recommending Montecarmelo area in Fuencarral. I would like to know is this area safe? also what about the standard of living in this area, is it for middle or low class?

Finally, do you think I can find studio or room with bathroom with this budget in Salamanca?

How can I start searching. I checked idealista but can not find anything suitable with this budget in Salamanca.

Br,
A.Shaalan
:welcome:

take a look at http://www.expatforum.com/expats/sp...-living-spain/2725-faqs-lots-useful-info.html

there's a section about renting with links to several other rental websites - you might find something - or at least find out if your budget is reasonable

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Montecarmelo is a recently developed area next to Mirasierra. Mirasierra is upper-middle class and perhaps a bit dull, but it is safe. Montecarmelo will probably have very nice flats, but I can't say for sure as I have never been there and I suspect many of the flats are empty. If you are looking around that area then get somewhere near to line 10, as the Gregorio Marañon stop is on that line and it is near IE. Because Montecarmelo is new, the flats should all be of good quality. You could rent there to begin with and then check elsewhere later on.

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
Hi,

Br,
A.Shaalan
Are you a young student?

All that Chopera says about Montecarmelo is true. It's recently developed, very residential and and family orientated, and QUIET. I walked from the Metro station to the company where I walk the other day and I saw flats, LOTS of big nurseries and play schools, lots of grandparents with their young nephews and lots of nannies/ aupairs. There were a lot of bars/ restauarants too, but how many would be open in the evening I don't know. There's no Metro station near ATM, nor train station, but 2 buses 134 and 178.
If I were you I'd go nearer the city, but it depends what you want...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts