Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post to the forum. My wife (US) and I (UK) live in Ethiopia where we work in development. We were married this month and aim to resettle in the UK as soon as we can get all the various elements to line up (job in the UK for me etc).

I have a weird one for the accommodation requirement. My aunt and uncle live in a 6 bed farmhouse that is a 'tied agricultural property', for which no tenancy agreement has ever existed - it is part of the farm estate that they manage. They have lived there for over 20 years now so there is no question that they have permission to occupy.

My uncle is the GM of the farm company that provides this house as part of their employment terms. My question is:

1. Would a letter from the him as GM on headed paper stating that the living in the house is part of their terms of employment and that they give us permission to stay there be acceptable as a substitute for a lease/deed?

2. We will also include a property inspection and a council tax bill. I would think that together this complies with the requirements in principe as laid out in Appendix FM, but would welcome the opinion of those who might have seen this before. This would be a transitional arrangement, as I would state in intro letter, as we will live in London long term.

Many thanks,

Jamie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.