Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this a bit earlier with no reply and just wondering...

For proof of accommodation...
Would we be required to have a guaranteed copy of the title register?
What I have is a Completion of Registration form the land registry
I have a Valuation of the Mortgage
A copy of the Re-mortgage
A paper from the Birmingham City Council about the Current council tax
Gas Bill with my husbands name
and the HM Land Registry from the Previous owners ( From 1977 )
Which inside has a certified map of the national grid plans and map of the house.

What are the ideal documents to send? and do I have anything here that is suitable as evidence of accommodation or should I have to order paper from the Land registry?

I can also include photos of the house, as that's no issue.
The house is currently on the market, but they haven't sold it yet. Does this affect anything?

·
Registered
54 Posts
We submitted the title of deed from the land registry and had it notarized, it included the grid and map of the house. I think what you have is more than enough, but i'm not sure about the house being for sale, because I would assume they want to know where you will live when you are in the UK, so if it's sold before you move it might change things a bit?

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Anyone know anything with the situation having the home on the market?
That can be an issue, in that if the house is sold in the meantime, there is no accommodation available for you. There is no need to say the house is on the market, or if you want to do it properly, take it off the market temporarily.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hmm, I'm living with my husband's parents when I move over and I currently have a letter saying that they're willing to let me live there and their Council Tax Bill.. do I need more?

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
hmm, I'm living with my husband's parents when I move over and I currently have a letter saying that they're willing to let me live there and their Council Tax Bill.. do I need more?
Also a description of the house, esp the number of bedrooms and how many will be living. This could be a copy of land registry entry (costs about £2 from local land registry office).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to follow up and let you know that I did in fact recieve my spousal settlement visa. A lot of people don't typically follow up, but I figured I would. Remember, what worked for me my not work for you because it depends on each indiviudial case, but I'd just like to follow up and say YES I recieved my Visa, from the day I applied online ( 27th ) They recieved my documents on the 2nd ( overnight shipping ) and I was issued my visa today, the 4th. Just hang in there to those who are waiting and thank you to Joppa and the rest of the people on the forum, I couldn't have done it without everyone's help and support!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Skrb said:
Just wanted to follow up and let you know that I did in fact recieve my spousal settlement visa. A lot of people don't typically follow up, but I figured I would. Remember, what worked for me my not work for you because it depends on each indiviudial case, but I'd just like to follow up and say YES I recieved my Visa, from the day I applied online ( 27th ) They recieved my documents on the 2nd ( overnight shipping ) and I was issued my visa today, the 4th. Just hang in there to those who are waiting and thank you to Joppa and the rest of the people on the forum, I couldn't have done it without everyone's help and support!
Wow congrats!!! Happy for you and you go it really quick did you end up going with the expedited service or no?? Again congrats!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spousal visa accomodation UK

Hi Everyone, I have just registered and would like to know what are the rules on accommodation for a Chinese wife coming to the UK on a spousal visa married to a UK national, have tried lots of other places and get a wide range of advice.

Background- I don't own my own property, my sister said we can use her address for accommodation or a friend can do the same, we have been together for nearly 11 years and have been married for 7 years, I have lived away from the UK for 11 years, we meet the financial requirements, we hope, over 65000 pounds in a Chinese bank, please can someone let me know the definitive requirements:fingerscrossed:

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
If you are staying with friends or family you will need a letter of invitation from them, their deed or land registry, a council tax bill and a property inspection to prove there is no overcrowding. If they are renting you will need a letter from the landlord giving you permission to stay.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you know how to get the property inspected? and what if I can get a short hold tenancy agreement, are there other requirements for this route?

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Some but not all councils offer property inspections. Other than that a surveyor. If you are living abroad, the chances of you securing a rental are slim. But, if you do you'll need the rental agreement, permission from the landlord for your spouse to live there if not on the lease, the council tax bill. You won't need a property inspection.

·
Registered
34 Posts
great, thanks again, if I am renting do I pay the council tax, or is that the landlords responsibility? I have friends, the same friends who said we can stay with them, who have property and I'm sure they can give me an agreement in our/my name, who's name is the council tax in?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.