Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in the process of gathering documents for my husbands application regarding the EA family permit.
I have only been in the UK for 4 months, working part time for 3 months now.
can my husband be refused due to lack of accommodation or overcrowding as I live with my brother at his 2 bedroom flat???

I have one room for myself and my 2 daughters. one being 15 months old and the other 2 months old.
I dont want to risk getting refused on that basis, but at the same time want him to come the quickest way possible.

Any advice would be helpful
MORE info: Husband is visa national living in sudan, so the application will be submitted there and i doubt they will not look closely on every detail on the application looking for faults.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In which part of the UK do you live?

In England, children under the age of 1 are not counted. Children between 1 and 10 count as a half.

At the moment you and your daughters occupy the room as 1.5 people

The floor area is also important so
90 - 109 sq ft (8.4 - 10.2 sq m approx) is considered enough for 1.5 people
110 sq feet (10.2 sq metres approx) is enough for 2 people.

If your husband joins you, you would be occupying the room as 2.5 people.

You say you live in a two bedroom flat with your brother. Are there any other rooms? Other rooms that can be counted in the calculation are living rooms and large kitchens, but not bathrooms/toilets.

If there is a living room I think you may be okay. But because it is shared accommodation and overcrowding is an issue UKBA will look at, you should get an independent report from your local council or surveyor.

I think this is accurate but I'm sure Joppa or a Senior Expat will come along to confirm or to correct me and add more information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess your brother's flat has a living room as well. This will be counted as an additional room. A 3 roomed property will house 5 units adequately. Children are counted as half a units therefore there should be adequate accommodation for your spouse even if your brother also has a partner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.