Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Joppa thanks again for your kind response to my question on accommodation just one to ask another question.my wife have decided to go for a one bedroom( a room and living room) with all bills and utility in her name with this
1. do we still need do get a letter of consent from the land lord.
2.do we need a property inspection report since one bed (a room and a living room) will be just perfect.
Will appreciate your kind response

·
Registered
924 Posts
If the one bedroom apartment /house is not occupied by any other adults but you two, then no, you do not need an inspection report.

You will need a letter of consent from the landlord. It can be written on the basis that you will be allowed to live there, provided all necessary immigration criteria are met.

All the best.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hello Joppa thanks again for your kind response to my question on accommodation just one to ask another question.my wife have decided to go for a one bedroom( a room and living room) with all bills and utility in her name with this
1. do we still need do get a letter of consent from the land lord.
2.do we need a property inspection report since one bed (a room and a living room) will be just perfect.
Will appreciate your kind response

From the description you will be sharing bathroom and Kitchen facilities. It is advisable to provide an Inspection Report.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yes, if you are sharing any part of the apartment with other adults , you will need an inspection report.

However, if it is just your partner and you, in a 1 bedroom apartment, with no shared facilities, then you need not.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes, if you are sharing any part of the apartment with other adults , you will need an inspection report.

However, if it is just your partner and you, in a 1 bedroom apartment, with no shared facilities, then you need not.
By the description the OP will occupy an HMO and the ECO will need to be satisfied the accommodation is adequate and satisfactory. An Inspection report will confirm the accommodation is NOT Overcrowded

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would defer to what Skyf said OP, as Skyf appears to have more information on your case and I don't even know what an HMO is.

Inspection reports need not be very expensive. All the best , and err on the side of caution where possible.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would defer to what Skyf said OP, as Skyf appears to have more information on your case and I don't even know what an HMO is.

Inspection reports need not be very expensive. All the best , and err on the side of caution where possible.

House in Multiple Occupation

Suggest the OP shops around for a Qualified Surveyor as some can charge very high Fees. The Local Authority should have list of Qualified Practitioners.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all I appreciate your contributions so if I get you clearly ,if my wife is the sole occupier of the one bed flat property inspection will not be needed but in a multiple occupancy then property inspection is necessary. I believe this should be captured in the tenancy agreement

Another question if the accommodation is through the agent who gives the letter of consent that it is OK for me to stay is it the agent or the landlord

·
Registered
924 Posts
The landlord. It appears to me (having read others posts) that it is always the landlord that gives the letter of permission.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Your wife needs to be sure she is not a sub-tenant as the Property Owner must provide a letter of consent. Often the Owner ( Landlord) will have appointed an Agent to manage his/her property in which case the Agent will be empowered to provide a letter.

Your earlier Post stated your wife occupied a Living room and Bedroom and Kitchen and Bathroom are not included for her sole use, it must follow she is sharing with others, in which case a property inspection is highly recommended if you wish to satisfy the ECO that the property is suitable and not overcrowded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.