Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. As a new member, i am not allow to make any reply for the existing post. Hope i can get some advice on my inquiry below.

I am preparing to apply spouse visa for my wife. Need some advice on accommodation part. I am the sponsor i was moving in and lived with my parents few months ago, they rented the house from housing association in 90s . My parents couldn't remember if there is any tenancy contract or rent book as they rented it 17 years ago.

I have read from someone's post, it is saying we need the below evidence:
1) letter from parents giving permission - signed (some reply saying we need authorization letter from housing association instead of parents, Please advise which one we need ? If we need the letter from housing association how can we obtain it ?)
2) tenancy agreement from housing association company (parents can't remember whether they have it and and they said they don't have a copy as they rented the house too long ago. My parents do receive a letter of rent notification every year, please advise if this is sufficient to prove?
3) housing inspection report - have it and done it 5 months ago, please advise if it is still valid to use?
4) utility bill in parents name - have water bills.

Regarding the english language requirement, my wife has a degree cert from UK university, is it only submit the certificate or do we need to send it to UKNARIC to check for qualification?

Please help from the above questions and thank you very much in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi everyone. This is my first post here. As a new member, i am not allow to make any reply for the existing post. Hope i can get some advice on my inquiry below.

I am preparing to apply spouse visa for my wife. Need some advice on accommodation part. I am the sponsor i was moving in and lived with my parents few months ago, they rented the house from housing association in 90s . My parents couldn't remember if there is any tenancy contract or rent book as they rented it 17 years ago.

I have read from someone's post, it is saying we need the below evidence:
1) letter from parents giving permission - signed (some reply saying we need authorization letter from housing association instead of parents, Please advise which one we need ? If we need the letter from housing association how can we obtain it ?)
2) tenancy agreement from housing association company (parents can't remember whether they have it and and they said they don't have a copy as they rented the house too long ago. My parents do receive a letter of rent notification every year, please advise if this is sufficient to prove?
3) housing inspection report - have it and done it 5 months ago, please advise if it is still valid to use?
4) utility bill in parents name - have water bills.

Regarding the english language requirement, my wife has a degree cert from UK university, is it only submit the certificate or do we need to send it to UKNARIC to check for qualification?

Please help from the above questions and thank you very much in advance. :)
There must be a Tenancy Agreement somewhere. The HA will definitely have issued one when your Parents commenced Occupation. The HA will retain a Landlord's copy, ask for a Stamped copy.
Your Parents must get a letter of Consent from the HA which allows your partner to live at the address. The HA are likely to visit and check the exact number of current occupants, before a letter is issued.
Your Parents must also provide a letter agreeing.
When requesting HA consent, they will need to have full details of your partner. The HA will not issue a letter if there is potential of overcrowding, that in itself answers the property Inspection issue.
You need to providea Council Tax bill with the application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.