Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I had a question about the accommodation documents we will need to provide for our spouse visa next month.

Once I move to the UK, we will be staying at my husband's parent's house until we find a home to live in together. I know we will need a property inspection report since its a shared accommodation, a council tax statement, utility bill and deed to the home. I will also have his parents write up a letter giving us permission to stay at their residence. Is any other information required? I have seen posts on here before with people who sent in the parents passports? I dont believe thats required, but I figured I would ask to see if there is any sort of proof I need to send in regarding his parents.

Any info on this would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In addition to the above question, I was wondering how the 28 day rule falls into the accommodation section of the application. Is there anything that falls into that under that section? The property inspection report will be done within 28 days of the online application for sure. But the council tax statement is done yearly I believe, so obviously that wouldnt fall into that time frame.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
What you've listed is all that is necessary although you only need a council tax or other utility bill, not both. It's the latest financial documents that can be no more than 28 days old. Everything else should be as recent as possible. They understand that council tax bills are issued yearly.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Nyclon. So here is what we will end up sending for accommodation proof:

-Letter from my husband's parent's stating we have full permission to live in the home
-Property Inspection Report (will have this dated within 28 days of the online app)
-Council Tax Statement/or recent utility bill
-Copy of deed to home (is a copy fine? or does it need to be the original?)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I see. Since the house belongs to his parent's, they might not want to send an original. So the land registry would be find instead of sending the deed? That wont cause any sort of issues with getting the visa approved?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, very good to know. So I will have him download that document. So updated list will be:

-Letter from his parents giving us permission to live there
-Land registry doc
-Council tax form/or recent utility bill
-Property Inspection Report (dated within 28 days of online app)

I really appreciate all the information, Nyclon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked the land registry site online, and it shows the option to purchase the doc online like you said, Nyclon.

However, on the side of that same page it says "Copies of the registers and title plans obtained from this service are for information purposes only and are not guaranteed copies. If you require a guaranteed copy, please apply for a Land Registry Official Copy. To do that you will need to print and complete a form OC1 Link opens in new window application and post it, together with the relevant fee Link opens in new window, to the appropriate Land Registry office".

So will we have to send in the form I am assuming as it states the ones available for download online are not "guaranteed copies"? We just want to make sure that this is what we have to do before sending it out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi All -

I had a question about the accommodation documents we will need to provide for our spouse visa next month.

Once I move to the UK, we will be staying at my husband's parent's house until we find a home to live in together. I know we will need a property inspection report since its a shared accommodation, a council tax statement, utility bill and deed to the home. I will also have his parents write up a letter giving us permission to stay at their residence. Is any other information required? I have seen posts on here before with people who sent in the parents passports? I dont believe thats required, but I figured I would ask to see if there is any sort of proof I need to send in regarding his parents.

Any info on this would be appreciated! Thanks!
Hey,

I included copies of my parents passports in my husbands application - they do ask you for their passport numbers on the Appendix two so make sure you have those handy regardless.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, I was unsure if the actual copies were needed of the passports. It looks like its not required, but yes, I will definitely have the numbers for Appendix 2, that will not be an issue at all. Thank you for the information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.