Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accommodation requirements:

HI Ive posted this somewhere before but lost it, apologies for the repeat msg but U need the answers soon please.\\
Thanks so much.

I will be staying with my mother once my fiancé arrives. I understand I need a letter from my mother but what points should it include?
The tenancy agreement is in my mothers name, is that ok - shall I attach the original?
What should the letter from the landlord cover?
Should I send a council tax letter?
Do I need an accommodation report or will it suffice if the landlord letter covers the accommodation details?
The house is private let, my mother has not receiving housing benefits. Does being on housing benefits effect anything as she was receiving help previously when unemployed.
Is there any other documents?
Utility bills are not in my name, is it necessary?
Is it beneficial for my mother to mention I contribute to the rent?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Accommodation requirements:

HI Ive posted this somewhere before but lost it, apologies for the repeat msg but U need the answers soon please.\\
Thanks so much.

I will be staying with my mother once my fiancé arrives. I understand I need a letter from my mother but what points should it include?

Letter of Invitation and any help you will give her, Financial and Practical

The tenancy agreement is in my mothers name, is that ok - shall I attach the original?

You will need to make sure the Tenancy Agreement allows your mother to have you and Fiancee living with her. There may be restrictions.

What should the letter from the landlord cover?

Agreement to you and Fiancee occupying with your mum. Some Private Landlords can get very edgy as they would not want to create another tenancy by default. Your mum needs to have an informal talk with the Landlord to establish what would be acceptable. Better that way and then request a letter based on the Landlord's response.
Should I send a council tax letter?

The Council Tax will be in your mum's name and if she currently lives alone could receiving single occupier discount

Do I need an accommodation report or will it suffice if the landlord letter covers the accommodation details?

Yes, definitely. The Council can arrange, for a fee.

The house is private let, my mother has not receiving housing benefits. Does being on housing benefits effect anything as she was receiving help previously when unemployed.

The Hosuing Benefits do not affect you, but will your mum and you need to ensure she is not in receipt of any benefits when you live with her. That would be a black mark for later.

Is there any other documents?
Utility bills are not in my name, is it necessary?

The Utl bills may be useful but will only show the property exists and your mum is responsible and these issues will be covered in the Landlord's letter and Accomodation report.

Is it beneficial for my mother to mention I contribute to the rent?
Yes,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.