Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

I was able to pay my taxes this year but only because of the mobile app that can access the PR code. When I go to the website, to create an account, it wants a "Numéro d'accès en ligne" which I dont think I have. Any idea how to get access to my account online?

Mostly I'm just thinking ahead, as proof of paying taxes, will they mail me something or will I need to get to my account online and access some attestation?

I have a feeling a visit to the tax office is in my near future.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Mostly I'm just thinking ahead, as proof of paying taxes, will they mail me something or will I need to get to my account online and access some attestation?
The document that is generally required is the Avis d'imposition. Unless you've specifically requested for paperless communications, you'll receive this in the post.

The numéro d'accès en ligne used to be printed on the first tax form that was sent to you, ie your second tax exercise because in your first tax exercise you are not sent a form, you have to get your own. I lost mine and I had to go to the tax office with ID for them to tell me it. Once you have this number you can set up your espace client, and you can set a password to use to log on in future, at least that's what I did but I think there are various log on options now. A lot has changed in the last few years.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
If this year was your first, then yes I think you might. I think that when you receive the paper form next year it will have this number on it, and you will then be able to set up an account, in which you'll find all your documents pertaining to 2017, and a pre-populated tax return for 2018 for you to complete and submit online if you choose.
They can't set your account up before you've done your first declaration, obviously, because they don't have any data. And France does tend to do things in calendar year cycles, for them the 2017 tax exercise is now all over bar the shouting and in your case it was a paper exercise. You'll be all set up online and ready to go digitally speaking as soon as the 2018 exercise starts.
But as I said, things could have changed so it's worth asking, but be prepared to have to wait until next year.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Try not using the mobile app - you should be able to create an account with your numero fscal which appears on your avis. You should then be able to access at least a copy of your main paper tax form and the status of your account with details of payment. Note that if you pay online the amount is not taken out of your account immediately (check your avis for details). I'm assuming, of course, that you have your avis (otherwise how would you have know how much to pay, how and when).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try not using the mobile app - you should be able to create an account with your numero fscal which appears on your avis. You should then be able to access at least a copy of your main paper tax form and the status of your account with details of payment. Note that if you pay online the amount is not taken out of your account immediately (check your avis for details). I'm assuming, of course, that you have your avis (otherwise how would you have know how much to pay, how and when).
I dont think I can create an account with just the numéro fiscal, it wants a "numéro d'accès en ligne" which I think I don't have since the first time, I had to fill out a blank form for taxes. I did receive a Avis D'Impôt for the taxe d'habitation, but I dont see any access code on it.

The mobile app worked to pay for the taxes, which I've done. I assume they will eventually mail me a receipt of payment? So that when eventual renewal comes up for my titre de séjour I can show some proof.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Try not using the mobile app - you should be able to create an account with your numero fscal which appears on your avis.
As I recall, I couldn't set up an account and create a password without my numéro d'accès en ligne and it would appear that this is still the case:

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/...mment-acceder-mon-espace-particulier-en-ligne
"Pour y accéder, vous devez disposer d'un mot de passe, que vous pouvez créer après avoir saisi vos trois identifiants (numéro fiscal, numéro d'accès en ligne et revenu fiscal de référence) "

An extra layer of security, I guess - otherwise if all the numbers you needed could be found on the same document, anyone who happened to get their hands on your avis could set up an account in your name. Hence you need to have at hand two documents issued at different times.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have this habit to try and think ahead and I want to create my account even though I don't really have need of it since I have already paid my taxes with my mobile app. I'm assuming like most things in France if you wait long enough, it'll work itself out. :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I still have this habit to try and think ahead and I want to create my account even though I don't really have need of it since I have already paid my taxes with my mobile app. I'm assuming like most things in France if you wait long enough, it'll work itself out. :D
You'll do well in France, tobyr :D you're getting the French mindset. Follow the methodology, do things when they're timetabled to be done - don't start agitating before the window opens and don't wait until after it's closed - and everything will tourner bien en ronde.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
As I recall, I couldn't set up an account and create a password without my numéro d'accès en ligne and it would appear that this is still the case:

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/...mment-acceder-mon-espace-particulier-en-ligne
"Pour y accéder, vous devez disposer d'un mot de passe, que vous pouvez créer après avoir saisi vos trois identifiants (numéro fiscal, numéro d'accès en ligne et revenu fiscal de référence) "

An extra layer of security, I guess - otherwise if all the numbers you needed could be found on the same document, anyone who happened to get their hands on your avis could set up an account in your name. Hence you need to have at hand two documents issued at different times.
Which is strange, because I was able to set up an account with my numero fiscal - that was for income tax and I found that my taxe d'hab documentation was also there. But perhaps it's too soon and maybe I actually did it for the subsequent year when I declared online.

(Whilst I declare and pay online, I have nonetheless asked for my avis in hard copy (though it still appears online) because I'm not that trusting of IT systems.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was like you ... once I got my fiscal number after my first tax submission last year, I tried to create the account and it asked for the reference which I didn't have.
I went to the office and asked and they told me to wait till next year...

then this year in MArch/April time frame I received the forms to fill which had the reference and I created the account and used the online version.

so you will need to wait till next year.
One thing as well to take care of, once you submit online you will get in the documents section the amount you have to pay but this is not official yet, in August you will receive a formal one (online)... the point is, if you plan to pay on monthly installments, you have to proceed with the request once you get your informal response, else you will end up like me where I paid on the 29th of September with the deadline at the 15th, had to pay all amount at once to avoid any penalties.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I was able to set up an account with my numero fiscal.
When was this, just out of interest? I think I set mine up in 2010 or 2011, did you do yours before that? I'm wondering if it's simply a case that they tightened up security, because I seem to remember doing a google search when I couldn't fathom what to do, and finding lots of people saying "where do I find this numéro de télédeclarant that I need" so maybe it was a new requirement.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
When was this, just out of interest? I think I set mine up in 2010 or 2011, did you do yours before that? I'm wondering if it's simply a case that they tightened up security, because I seem to remember doing a google search when I couldn't fathom what to do, and finding lots of people saying "where do I find this numéro de télédeclarant that I need" so maybe it was a new requirement.
IIRC it was only last year. I had to create an account. I didn't do it with the app but via my laptop.

I went here (which explains where to find the numbers) https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/particulier/acceder-mon-espace

then here https://cfspart.impots.gouv.fr/LoginMDP?op=c&url=aHR0cHM6Ly9jZnNwYXJ0LmltcG90cy5nb3V2LmZyLw==and scrolled down to Création de mon espace particulier.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I went here (which explains where to find the numbers) https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/particulier/acceder-mon-espace
- but this site does agree that you need

"Votre numéro d'accès en ligne

Votre numéro d'accès en ligne figure en haut à gauche de la première page de votre dernière déclaration de revenus.

Votre numéro d'accès en ligne figure également sur le courrier que vous avez reçu cette année :

si vous avez choisi de ne plus recevoir la version papier de la déclaration de revenus
si vous êtes un primo-déclarant de 20 ans et plus, rattaché l’année précédente au foyer fiscal de vos parents.
Ce numéro change chaque année. Saisissez donc bien le numéro affiché sur la dernière déclaration des revenus reçue.
Si vous n’avez pas votre dernière déclaration de revenus, vous pouvez utiliser le numéro de déclarant de l’année dernière."

One way or another, it seems that you do need it.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
- but this site does agree that you need

"Votre numéro d'accès en ligne

Votre numéro d'accès en ligne figure en haut à gauche de la première page de votre dernière déclaration de revenus.

Votre numéro d'accès en ligne figure également sur le courrier que vous avez reçu cette année :

si vous avez choisi de ne plus recevoir la version papier de la déclaration de revenus
si vous êtes un primo-déclarant de 20 ans et plus, rattaché l’année précédente au foyer fiscal de vos parents.
Ce numéro change chaque année. Saisissez donc bien le numéro affiché sur la dernière déclaration des revenus reçue.
Si vous n’avez pas votre dernière déclaration de revenus, vous pouvez utiliser le numéro de déclarant de l’année dernière."

One way or another, it seems that you do need it.
Oops, that was not the case when I set up my account (have only been tax resident since 2013). I wonder if it's possible to phone and ask.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts