Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I am going for 190 Visa subclass and hence did some research on acceptance level of employers in Australia for immigrants, Its hard to accept that we as immigrants have tough time there to get a job.

Please share your experience, tips and any update that helps to mitigate this risk.

I am determined to be in Australia and make it my next home.

Regards
Venkat

G

·
Why would you have a tough time getting a job? If you have the skills and qualifications required. Have the English skills and can sell yourself on paper and in interview there is no reason why you would have a tough time.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi Shell,

The amount of positions and amount of new and new + old migrants + aussie people is enormous. Anybody can get job, but need some time, as new migrant even experienced but not experienced in country can take more consideration.

Rafly it take 1 max 2 months for job to get. So if you have around 4-5K you should be fine for tough time.

Reactions: gsr1603

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hope you are right

Why would you have a tough time getting a job? If you have the skills and qualifications required. Have the English skills and can sell yourself on paper and in interview there is no reason why you would have a tough time.
Hope you are correct. I spoke to some of my friends in Australia and they told its not easy but not impossible. Only aim of this thread is to know your experience and view.

G

·
Hope you are correct. I spoke to some of my friends in Australia and they told its not easy but not impossible. Only aim of this thread is to know your experience and view.
Do your research. Check out jobs on seek.co.au and request the application packs. See what they require and if you fit the bill. Of course there is always competition and it's not going to just jump in your lap but there will be a job for you even if it takes a little while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts