Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have applied for IRL and they have come back saying that my English test isn't accepted. This was accepted for my first entry, my spouse visa extension as well..

The test I passed is KET - B1.

Here's what they said - please let me know whether they're wrong, or I'm just confused/wrong:

Having considered your application we have found that we are unable to accept your current English language qualification.

This is because appendix KOLL 2.2(b) states;

(b) the applicant-

(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and

(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

(iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State as specified in Appendix O to these Rules.

Your English language qualification does not meet the minimum level.

What this means for you

We are happy to offer the opportunity to sit and pass a new English language qualification within 30 working days of this letter. We must make you aware that if we do not receive a new English language at the required level i.e. Level B1 or above, we will consider the application on the basis of you not holding the required qualification.

Should you encounter any difficulty obtaining a test date within 30 working days please advise us and we will extend the deadline for your qualification.

Further information

Below is a link to the currently approved test centres;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests

Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests
List of tests and test centres approved by UK Visas and Immigration to show that applicants have the required level of English for their visa.
www.gov.uk

Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within the 1-day service standard, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Is the test you took STILL on the list of approved tests/testing centres they linked?

This is a unique requirement for ILR. Even if the test was previously accepted, it's not acceptable unless the exact test is still on the list. Unfortunately many people get refused on this detail.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hello,

I have applied for IRL and they have come back saying that my English test isn't accepted. This was accepted for my first entry, my spouse visa extension as well..

The test I passed is KET - B1.

Here's what they said - please let me know whether they're wrong, or I'm just confused/wrong:

Having considered your application we have found that we are unable to accept your current English language qualification.

This is because appendix KOLL 2.2(b) states;

(b) the applicant-

(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and

(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

(iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State as specified in Appendix O to these Rules.

Your English language qualification does not meet the minimum level.

What this means for you

We are happy to offer the opportunity to sit and pass a new English language qualification within 30 working days of this letter. We must make you aware that if we do not receive a new English language at the required level i.e. Level B1 or above, we will consider the application on the basis of you not holding the required qualification.

Should you encounter any difficulty obtaining a test date within 30 working days please advise us and we will extend the deadline for your qualification.

Further information

Below is a link to the currently approved test centres;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests

Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests
List of tests and test centres approved by UK Visas and Immigration to show that applicants have the required level of English for their visa.
www.gov.uk

Please note as we have begun consideration of your case within the 1-day service standard, we have met our obligations under the Super Priority service and you will therefore will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

It needs to be the new SELT tests, we used an expired b1

however it needs A) used in previous application

B) approved list of providers, - check online is still approved list

1 - 4 of 4 Posts