Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

My name is Muhammad. My fiance has applied for Accountancy General and she is an ACCA Member (ACCA Qualified and 3+ years of experience). In her EOI, she has claimed 15 points for that as comparable to Australian Bachelors degree. Are we on the track or have we over claimed the points?

Regards

Muhammad

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi
Which assessing authority have you chosen? What documents did you submit? Can you PM or share the details here.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Afridi.

Me and my wife both chose CPA Australia. I have done CIMA part qualified and Masters in Finance from UK. My wife was an ACCA member. We both got positive outcome from CPA. They were simply the best and really very very helpful. We were short of time so we request them to email us the certified copy of the outcome which they did once they finally decided about our application. Moreover, they have been really helpful during the correspondence throughout. We send our work testimonials, educational documents as far as I remember. They all should be certified. Refer to CPA website migration assessment section and they have the document checklist there. Wish you good luck.

Regards

Muhammad

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We paid online and then couriered our documents to Melbourne to their office. We used TCS service from Karachi. I said them I am sending my documents for educational purpose. They had an offer if you are sending documents to university or education body for education purpose they charge almost 30%. They charged me 1500 rupees instead of 5,000 rupees. Hope that helps :) if they don't offer any such thing now, try other services such as DHL etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We paid online and then couriered our documents to Melbourne to their office. We used TCS service from Karachi. I said them I am sending my documents for educational purpose. They had an offer if you are sending documents to university or education body for education purpose they charge almost 30%. They charged me 1500 rupees instead of 5,000 rupees. Hope that helps :) if they don't offer any such thing now, try other services such as DHL etc.
Thank you for your timely response.
I became a ACCA member in 2014. I am trying to find an answer whether experience details such as reference letter, testimonials, JD etc are necessary for getting a positive assessment, even if I dont want any points for skilled experience.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not necessary at all. You only send me them when you want to claim the points for work experience. Your work experience will be counted after you became ACCA member. Since it was 2014, you won't be able to claim any points. I send my application without anything with regards to employment, ie., just the academic documents. But just to remind you, last year in NSW SS, they were prioritizing candidates in which they were considering certified work experience as well. Although my wife knew she won't be able to claim points but we still assessed her work to keep her outside the league.

Reactions: a.Afridi

·
Registered
206 Posts
No it's not necessary at all. You only send me them when you want to claim the points for work experience. Your work experience will be counted after you became ACCA member. Since it was 2014, you won't be able to claim any points. I send my application without anything with regards to employment, ie., just the academic documents. But just to remind you, last year in NSW SS, they were prioritizing candidates in which they were considering certified work experience as well. Although my wife knew she won't be able to claim points but we still assessed her work to keep her outside the league.
Hi ash,,

I want to discuss about my brother. He is doing his ACCA and he is in his second part last paper. before this he has done CAT. He got fail in the last paper 3 times so he has left ACCA for last 1 year. he has been doing job as accountant in between. please tell me can he go for CPA assessment without the work experience with the current criteria?

Regards

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assalam o alekum.

He can go with the assessment anytime he wants to. But whether he will get the positive outcome or the otherwise is a question mark. By second part you mean he is somewhere in between paper F9? With this education "only", I highly doubt that he will get a positive outcome. Has he got any degree? Relevant one from a recognised university. Like I had part qualified CIMA but that was backed up with a Bachelors and Masters degrees and both were relevant. Job itself won't swing his outcome from negative to positive. It may add value though.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Assalam o alekum.

He can go with the assessment anytime he wants to. But whether he will get the positive outcome or the otherwise is a question mark. By second part you mean he is somewhere in between paper F9? With this education "only", I highly doubt that he will get a positive outcome. Has he got any degree? Relevant one from a recognised university. Like I had part qualified CIMA but that was backed up with a Bachelors and Masters degrees and both were relevant. Job itself won't swing his outcome from negative to positive. It may add value though.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Muhammad.
salam

thanks for your reply, yes he failed in F9. If he completes 2 years degree in Bcom then can you suggest what are the chances.

Regards

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still don't think that would be sufficient. But what I can recommend to him is clear his F9 and opt in for OBU Bachelors program. See how education assessment works is you need to have education that is at least equivalent to Australian Bachelors plus you should meet 9 core paper requirements as well. I cannot be certain with either a Yes or a No. All my advices are just advice and truly based on my experience and knowledge. No consultant can be definite either in your case too. But doing OBU than B.Com will definitely have a brighter chance than just B.com.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I still don't think that would be sufficient. But what I can recommend to him is clear his F9 and opt in for OBU Bachelors program. See how education assessment works is you need to have education that is at least equivalent to Australian Bachelors plus you should meet 9 core paper requirements as well. I cannot be certain with either a Yes or a No. All my advices are just advice and truly based on my experience and knowledge. No consultant can be definite either in your case too. But doing OBU than B.Com will definitely have a brighter chance than just B.com.
Salam, please can you elaborate on OBU.

Regards

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OBU (Oxford Brookes University) Bachelors topup degree exclusively designed for ACCA students who have cleared certain papers and met certain conditions to be eligible. Its a Bachelors degree from a UK University and a very cost effective option. Contact ACCA to see if he is eligible.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OBU (Oxford Brookes University) Bachelors topup degree exclusively designed for ACCA students who have cleared certain papers and met certain conditions to be eligible. Its a Bachelors degree from a UK University and a very cost effective option. Contact ACCA to see if he is eligible.
salam,

Thanks for your reply. for OBU option do we have to go to UK for study?

Regards

***189 grant 11 march 2015***

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
salam,

Thanks for your reply. for OBU option do we have to go to UK for study?

Regards

***189 grant 11 march 2015***
No you don't have to go to UK. Your brother will study here in Pakistan over the internet. He will take the lectures online and submit assignments over the internet in exchange of earning a degree. Your brother must know about it. If not, contact ACCA office or visit their website.

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Muhammad

I have a doubt, My wife is an ACCA member since 2014 and she has completed her Bcom in 2012
can we claim the points for experience after 2012 as she has the relevant experience in accounts only after Bcom also

Pls advise as we are very much confused

Thanks
Sunny Nenwani

1 - 15 of 15 Posts