Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For experts please, I have the degree and transcript issued in Arabic only for my wife, however we contacted the college but they still don't provide English version. my question is: shall I translate the Transcripts through authorized translater and get the translation copy stampped by the college and send it to WES ? or WES/COSTI can deal with Arabic ones through (WES/COSTI Joint online Application) and in this case I can submit the Arabic one as is?

Any one have experienced such a case?

2nd question, does the degree of my wife (as dependent/spouse) benefit my application in regard to the points?

3rd question, do they recognize religious studies like a degree in Islamic teaching?

I would appreciate who can enlighten me a bit :) .

Regards,
Emad

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
3rd question, do they recognize religious studies like a degree in Islamic teaching?

Not sure why they would since that is all but useless here in Canada. And if this 'degree' is in Islamic teaching I doubt it would be considered as being up to Canadian standards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

For experts please, I have the degree and transcript issued in Arabic only for my wife, however we contacted the college but they still don't provide English version. my question is: shall I translate the Transcripts through authorized translater and get the translation copy stampped by the college and send it to WES ? or WES/COSTI can deal with Arabic ones through (WES/COSTI Joint online Application) and in this case I can submit the Arabic one as is?

2nd question, does the degree of my wife (as dependent/spouse) benefit my application in regard to the points?

Regards,
Emad
Ofcourse,her education can get recognition.Some people here don't know that there are universities in Canada having Islamic Studies ...

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Please see my responses inline:

Hi

Have you contacted WES to see what they will accept in regards to other-than-English-or-French language transcripts? As you are wanting to have them evalute the transcript, logic would dictate that you contact them to see what, exactly, they require from you.

Not many people here have posted about their experiences dealing with other-than-English-or-French language transcripts.

Again, I recommend that you check with WES to see what they require

Yes, provided that you submit her transcript(s), a translation of said transcripts into either English or French and the evaluation from WES with your application.

It is possible to take a degree in Islamic Theology in Canada. As to whether or not the degree will be accepted or not, I would again suggest that you consult WES, as they will be able to advise as to whether or not the course meets Canadian standards as set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for the purposes of immigrating to Canada.

Regards,
Emad

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Ofcourse,her education can get recognition.Some people here don't know that there are universities in Canada having Islamic Studies ...

There is a big difference between Islamic Studies and a degree in Islamic teaching - a very very big difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi

I would submit a copy of the Arabic transcript as well as the stamped English translation from the College. Thus submitting 2 documents.

Sorry can't help you regarding points. I simple do not know.

A degree is a degree. Religious degree is recognized.

Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
A degree from one country may not be recognised in another, and if it is recognised, it may not be to the same level, as requirements can and do vary from country to country.

My advice to OP to contact WES in regards to OP's wife's degree still stands.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
A degree is a degree.

No it is not. There are different standards in different countries and a degree from another country may not be up to Canadian standards.

When I was in graduate school I knew someone from Pakistan who had been awarded a B.A. after two years of study and a Master's after a further two years (so a total of four years of study). But in Canada one would only have a B.A. after four years of study.

A two year degree from Pakistan is not the same as a four year degree from a Canadian university.

And a degree in 'Islamic teaching' might not be recognized in Canada. A degree in religious studies would be, but is 'Islamic teaching' the same as a religious studies degree? I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes that is correct. A degree is a degree, but each degree is evaluated to determine if it meets Canadian educational standards before acceptance as being equivalent.
“Islamic teaching” I have never heard of for a degree
‘Islamic studies’ is a degree. And Religious Studies is a degree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.