Any advice would be much appreciated.
I am a doctor moving to Abu Dhabi. The PRO
has submitted my paperwork for visa on April 13. I
have been waiting for 5 weeks now. Whenever I
ask them I have been told it is because of the system
being upgraded. Is there any one else in a similar
situation

Getting very stressed because of the delay as people
say that entry permit normally takes only 4 to 5 working days.
Regards
Forfar22

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Forfar

I am in a similar situation like you.I can understand its stressing , but the good part is there are a lot of people facing such delays.So its a routine delay from the ministry.

So I am just sitting tight and being patient.Advice you to do the same :)

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, i have resigned too from my job. Now just spending time reading books lol

However , do inform us when you recieve the visa

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. This is just a sample, I guess. We are going to a land where I think patience is an essential criterion.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,074 Posts
Leaving on Monday.
Hi,
Pack plenty of shorts and sun cream - summer has arrived early this year and it is already really hot (44c forecast for Sunday).
I was at the new airport site the other day and it was 47.5c - really stiflingly hot!
Best of luck with your move.
Feel free to message me once you arrive - my wife is a hospital consultant, so happy to help with questions.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Steve. Temperature was 17 at Birmingham today. Found that bit too warm. Abu Dhabi temperature will be a challenge. Will update once I get settled. Hopefully won't take long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
visa delay

Thanks. Agree very stressful. Made mistake of resigning job. Should gab waited for visa to arrive.
My friend no need stress.i faced same situation that you are suffering.Please be patient visa will be issued.me also same thinking that i made big mistake ever in my life because to sit empty is not so easy if whole family depending on you.i got visa after 45 days even my friend got in 2 working days.looks strange.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,074 Posts
My friend no need stress.i faced same situation that you are suffering.Please be patient visa will be issued.me also same thinking that i made big mistake ever in my life because to sit empty is not so easy if whole family depending on you.i got visa after 45 days even my friend got in 2 working days.looks strange.
Keep up - he already has his visa!:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys. Got a job in a grade 14 capacity with an ADNOC company. It's been more than 30 days since I submitted my documents for processing of the entry visa and have not received word yet. Are these delays still persistent in Abudhabi?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Relax brother... make sure dont quit your job until entry permit issued.

I survived 6 months process from submitting document until getting the entry permit visa...

Relax, sit back and enjoy the ride

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Adilia, the problem is I was previously employed in Dubai and asked to quit my job prior to the application of my entry visa. I'm still in the UAE with family waiting for this to come through. Security/Government & medicals were all cleared two months ago...not sure why this entry visa is taking so long.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys, could you please advise me the steps before I will be able to start. I have completed the first two steps! It took over 5 months!
1. Interview and offer for a doctor's position in a private sector organisation-accepted
2. Licensing from HAAD, sorted by the employer
3. CID application pending still after nearly a month.
What happens after CID clear me...

Apologies in advance, if i am repeating the topic...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts