Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons biological father is on the birth certificate but he hasnt seen him since August last year, he hasnt payed any maintenence since July last year and he sent an email the week before christmas saying he wasnt going to be having any further contact with my son and that was that.
I have heard nothing since. I sent the email to my solicitor so there are records of it all.
What do I do about moving? Will I still need his permission?
I know he will refuse just because he is like that and wouldnt want me to be having a good life :confused2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes you will still need permission unfortunately :( my sons biological father (or his family) hadn't seen or attempted contact for 7 years when we applied but we had to prove that he had no parental responsibility to the diac. My husband had adopted him 1 year prior so it wasn't too much of a problem but even tho he had never wanted contact he still opposed the adoption and made it difficult as he could. Seek legal advice and good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thing is he said in his email he was moving abroad and I have no idea where or if he has gone.
Would I have to try and find him?

G

·
Yes you would have to try and find him. DIAC will not breach international law and allow what could be the abduction of a child. You need a document from him drawn up with a lawyer giving permission or a Court Order where a Judge has given permission for the child to be removed without the fathers consent.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okey doke.
Blooming guy is still causing me problems and he potentially isn't even in the same country lol.
Thanks for the advice.
Steph

G

·
If he's given up on your son and has no contact the Court shouldn't have an issue granting an Order. Still time, money and energy from you is needed but a lot less than someone who is trying to get an Order when the parent is still about! Make an appointment with a solicitor and see what they think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh well like I say, he sent an email saying he was moving, he wouldn't be seeing him again and he actually wrote he is looking forward to having no responsibilities and doing what he wants. He also has a daughter who he left when she was 6 months old...she is 10 now. My son is 2.
Maybe that will go in my favour too.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would be interested to know how this works out for you and what's involved ... my daughters ex had a car accident , suffered brain damage and is therefore unable to sign anything . what would I need to do re taking my daughter to oz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.