Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your time and attention,

I am Haansi from Pakistan Lahore, I am an IT professional, I have got my skilled assessed from ACS and have required IELTS score as well.

Next step is to apply for GSM subclass 175 but I am confuse about my family status (my wife and 2 children), how and what I should mention about them when I should apply for them and document required for them. I will thankful if you can guide me.

Q1. My wife has just school education, she do not meet basic requirments like qualification, language etc, does she need to meet basic requirements ?

A.

Q2. Is there any fee for dependent family members ?

A.

Q3. If I got immigration will my family go with me or they can come later ?

A.

Q4. If in form I mention that my family will go with me and if initially just I go
Australia will there any problem for me or for my family when later they join me ?

Q5. Is IELTS must for my wife ? If it is required what score is required ?
A.

Q6. My wife has not did IELTS, is it possible that I launch my application and meanwhile she did her IELTS and then we submit her result on a later stage ?
A.

Q7. Does department require fee for english teaching of family members ? If my wife did IELTS will I have to submit these dues ?
A.

Thanks in anticipation for guiding me, your time and help.

Best Regards,
haansi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Haansi

1. what basic requirement? all she needs is 4.5 + in ielts.

2. the fee is the same for the entire family provided all are dependents. (spouse and kids, parents too if dependents but u hv to prove ur parents are dependents-though not valid in ur case)

3. they can join you later but they have to enter australia within the initial entry period which is normally one year form teh day u get your medicals/PCC done

4. no there will be no problem if u go first, and they follow u in a few months. a lot of people do that. if they dont make the entry within the initial entry period, their visa wont be valid so keep tht in mind

5. IELTS is a must if u can not prove she did her schooling in english medium. she has to get 4.5 overall and i think 4.5 in each module as well (check int eh immi site, i am not sure about this)

6. in my opinion, you should put all papers together, wait for sometime, or you can book the date in such a way that as and when u get the result u can upload it during the document uploading period. they give u a month to upload all documents. (this applies for online application)

7. if your wife meets the minimum ielts score, she does not have to take the english tuitions. so no second installment for u

Hope this answers your questions

anj

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hi Haansi

1. what basic requirement? all she needs is 4.5 + in ielts.

2. the fee is the same for the entire family provided all are dependents. (spouse and kids, parents too if dependents but u hv to prove ur parents are dependents-though not valid in ur case)

3. they can join you later but they have to enter australia within the initial entry period which is normally one year form teh day u get your medicals/PCC done

4. no there will be no problem if u go first, and they follow u in a few months. a lot of people do that. if they dont make the entry within the initial entry period, their visa wont be valid so keep tht in mind

5. IELTS is a must if u can not prove she did her schooling in english medium. she has to get 4.5 overall and i think 4.5 in each module as well (check int eh immi site, i am not sure about this)

6. in my opinion, you should put all papers together, wait for sometime, or you can book the date in such a way that as and when u get the result u can upload it during the document uploading period. they give u a month to upload all documents. (this applies for online application)

7. if your wife meets the minimum ielts score, she does not have to take the english tuitions. so no second installment for u

Hope this answers your questions

anj
ANJ, IELTS 4.5 overall is required, not in each category.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i wrote check, not sure :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts