Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone can help with abit of information.

Im thinking about bringing my 2004 bmw 3 series from Northern Ireland over to Perth Australia, i was wondering if anyone knows of a good company that looks after the lot from the minute the car leaves my address at home to my house here in Perth, including all the documents required to get the car on the road here.
To the point it ends up at my house here and im able to step in and drive away.

If anyone can help that would be brilliant

Thanks

G

·
Because it would usually work out cheaper to buy a new car in Australia! The costs for import are huge, look on the customs site. Then there is the actual shipping costs and depending on the car you might not get parts for it as they mostly drive automatics. Huge costs to import parts!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because it would usually work out cheaper to buy a new car in Australia! The costs for import are huge, look on the customs site. Then there is the actual shipping costs and depending on the car you might not get parts for it as they mostly drive automatics. Huge costs to import parts!
-

My car at home would sell for about £5500 - 6000 were as here the non m sport versions are selling for around $25000 -26000.

This is the car in question:

·
Banned
934 Posts
An AUSTRALIAN complianced version would sell for 25-30k your EUROPEAN complianced version which has been exposed to European conditions meaning it won't last as long as an Australian version may fetch the same value as you would get in europe. On top of shipping and compliancing which can easily run into the tens of thousands of dollars depending on the car. Little things can cost huge money perhaps your children restraints don't meet Australian standards... there's a couple grand right there.

Australians have money to spend the big bucks on cars here. Cars here last a lot longer and that's why they hold their value more. Think about it, if we could make money importing cars like your susggestioning wouldn't we all be doing it????

Don't do it unless you want to lose tones of money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You have to change all oils as the engine runs hotter also you might not get it insured cause if it doesn't show up on Australian systems they won't insure it plus if you ever sell it in Australia you'll get less money as its a import. A friend of mine moved to Melbourne & took his Mercedes as he researched it was worth alot of money in Australia he's been there 2 years now & the car has been parked on the drive never moved he regrets wasting the money to bring it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.