Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day starts pretty early depending on work time.Normally around 5 or 6 am.Get ready have a toast ,coffee , rush out.Drop the kids in the school .If you got a car you will be in traffic for a while.Those who take trains might need to change 1 or 2 trains depending on the distance.Sometimes buses.Public transport is pretty easy if you live near the railway station.Its better to take monthly pass for your to and fro work.Work starts sharp at 9. 9am to 12 pm intense work.12 pm to 1 pm lunch and 1 pm to 5 pm work.At sharp 5 pm you are out running to catch the train back home/or drive back home.
If you got kids then you got to pick them from childcare before 6 pm.So you practically got only one hour .
Parents Kids back home by 6.15 ish .Fresh up,Cook eat and sleep.
Repeat the cycle for 5 days and then comes weekend.
Saturday - Groceries/veggies/ Laundry/Cleaning/going out
Sunday - Relax
Monday the cycle repeats.
Life is pretty simple isn't it?

Initially there will be a lot of struggle you got to be really strong.Once you get a job things start getting easier and easier.Most difficult phase is the job hunt period where you don't know what is going to happen and you start thinking if all this actually worth it.There will be frustration / depression but its very important to have a positive outlook and not let the job hunt consume you.Make time to do thinks that you like and i will keep you sane.Everyone goes through this.Its all worth it once you get a job.And please please please have back up money for at-least 6 months survival.

There is lot of competition for homes here.Be prepared.Luckily i got a home in a week.But normally it takes about a month.

Good Luck
Meg

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks for sharing the experience. Sound pretty much like in other 1st world countries like the US and UK. Considering your work place is the farthest from the city, how long will it take to commute in both car and public transport?

Reactions: True-Blue

·
Registered
637 Posts
Meg, I remember you are in IT Sales. Do you think this is the same schedule for software engineers ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Day starts pretty early depending on work time.Normally around 5 or 6 am.Get ready have a toast ,coffee , rush out.Drop the kids in the school .If you got a car you will be in traffic for a while.Those who take trains might need to change 1 or 2 trains depending on the distance.Sometimes buses.Public transport is pretty easy if you live near the railway station.Its better to take monthly pass for your to and fro work.Work starts sharp at 9. 9am to 12 pm intense work.12 pm to 1 pm lunch and 1 pm to 5 pm work.At sharp 5 pm you are out running to catch the train back home/or drive back home.
If you got kids then you got to pick them from childcare before 6 pm.So you practically got only one hour .
Parents Kids back home by 6.15 ish .Fresh up,Cook eat and sleep.
Repeat the cycle for 5 days and then comes weekend.
Saturday - Groceries/veggies/ Laundry/Cleaning/going out
Sunday - Relax
Monday the cycle repeats.
Life is pretty simple isn't it?

Initially there will be a lot of struggle you got to be really strong.Once you get a job things start getting easier and easier.Most difficult phase is the job hunt period where you don't know what is going to happen and you start thinking if all this actually worth it.There will be frustration / depression but its very important to have a positive outlook and not let the job hunt consume you.Make time to do thinks that you like and i will keep you sane.Everyone goes through this.Its all worth it once you get a job.And please please please have back up money for at-least 6 months survival.

There is lot of competition for homes here.Be prepared.Luckily i got a home in a week.But normally it takes about a month.

Good Luck
Meg
I thought I was reading my schedule here. We don't have kids yet but apart from that, the rest of the schedule is pretty much alike.
And to answer the question about Software Engineers. It isn't very different than this.
It's fun and challenging at the same time.
I so need a break from this routine, going to India in November, cannot wait anymore!!!

Cheers,
sharemyhead

·
Registered
172 Posts
Megha, Do you also go to see Indian movies on weekends ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts