Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 189 visa -

What do you think of the idea of trying to obtain a role in Oz from the present organization itself ? In your opinion What are the considerations to be taken into account for this ?

Note that had informed a couple of people for the purpose of the reference letter.

Thank you

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a 189 visa -

What do you think of the idea of trying to obtain a role in Oz from the present organization itself ? In your opinion What are the considerations to be taken into account for this ?

Note that had informed a couple of people for the purpose of the reference letter.

Thank you
Only you know how your organisation works, only you can answer this question but none else.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer to this question need not be organization specific. Yes, there are organization specific considerations. But there can also be general considerations in this.

I just want to know views that others might have on this.

Would they try for a role through their organization, if yes why and if no why?

Thank you

·
Registered
208 Posts
The answer to this question need not be organization specific. Yes, there are organization specific considerations. But there can also be general considerations in this.

I just want to know views that others might have on this.

Would they try for a role through their organization, if yes why and if no why?

Thank you
If you have a pr and current organization is happy to keep you, definitely go for it .
And if that helps in getting you the local experience and contacts then thats great, considering the current job scenario in AU particularly in IT which is looking bleak .

I have got the extension from my current firm for a contract of 6 months but this is for a US based client and i am not sure of how will this help me but keeping up with the fact that i will have a job as i land in AU . I am up in grabbing this offer and moving forward.

Rest if you are from some real critical rare skill maybe something in mining or petroleum which is in demand here ( not as it used to be ), I have my friends who have secured 200 k jobs even though there current employers where offering them one when they were back in India.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have a pr and current organization is happy to keep you, definitely go for it .
And if that helps in getting you the local experience and contacts then thats great, considering the current job scenario in AU particularly in IT which is looking bleak .

I have got the extension from my current firm for a contract of 6 months but this is for a US based client and i am not sure of how will this help me but keeping up with the fact that i will have a job as i land in AU . I am up in grabbing this offer and moving forward.

Rest if you are from some real critical rare skill maybe something in mining or petroleum which is in demand here ( not as it used to be ), I have my friends who have secured 200 k jobs even though there current employers where offering them one when they were back in India.
Thank you BngToPerth for the reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts