Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
36,859 Posts
Just so ya'll know. Its going to be sunny today in England and a balmy 13c!!! Shorts and tee shirts out (well not mine but..) YAY!:rolleyes:

Jo xxx
lmao!!!

I nearly decided to take the duvets off the beds yesterday

then I read the forecast that it would drop to 14º overnight & decided it would be too cold :D

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lmao!!!

I nearly decided to take the duvets off the beds yesterday

then I read the forecast that it would drop to 14º overnight & decided it would be too cold :D
Stop it! After the last few weeks here of rain, cold, floods - which seem to follow me wherever I live (think back to the winters in Spain 2009 and 2010!!), its a novelty having the sun. However, here in the south east of england, we still officially have a drought FFS.

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,859 Posts
Stop it! After the last few weeks here of rain, cold, floods - which seem to follow me wherever I live (think back to the winters in Spain 2009 and 2010!!), its a novelty having the sun. However, here in the south east of england, we still officially have a drought FFS.

Jo xxx
well it's 19º here atm - I have 2 little kids coming here for a Spanish lesson at 10am - we sit in the garden

I was going to put a vest top on - but I'm a little chilly, so it's 3/4 sleeves for me !!!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it's 19º here atm - I have 2 little kids coming here for a Spanish lesson at 10am - we sit in the garden

I was going to put a vest top on - but I'm a little chilly, so it's 3/4 sleeves for me !!!

I'm still snuggled up in my duvet in bed, listening to my son crashing around downstairs, trying to make himself breakfast I think??! The central heating has come on, but its not warm enough to get up yet

Jo xxx

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Jo xxx
Tell me about it!
I arrived in the UK on the last day of their March 'heat wave'.
And as soon as something somewhere discovered I was in the UK, the cold and rain came back...for 6 weeks. :(
So I'm not at all surprised that now I'm back in Spain that the sun has appeared in the UK again.
(I am just surprised that it hasn't disappeared over here....yet! :))

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
Lovely day here in Bristol - warm and sunny. Just off out for a full English (2.95) and later going for a nice walk and pub crawl around the harbourside later.
Now that sounds good!

When I was there over the puente de mayo we had raging winds, rain lashing against the windows...

Here it's all stuffy and close. It's been up to the 30º's the last few days, and what a surprise, that's not "normal" for this time of year...!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Here it's all stuffy and close. It's been up to the 30º's the last few days, and what a surprise, that's not "normal" for this time of year...!!
That's what I said on my arrival back here.
34º's and I was wearing jeans and a jumper! :eek:

Usually in May the temps here are around the highish 20's at most, but temps are well above 30 most days and we are already getting that warm wind.

We have had to revert to taking the dogs for a walk before 8am and after 8pm to avoid the heat, and we don't usually start doing that until mid June.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Well it's 33º here in the shade at the mo. More like july than may !
Did a car boot (rastro ) this morning. It's been great the last couple of weeks , sun & cloud , just right. Today just sun & At 11 it was 31º in the shade & the barometer on sale was showing 53º!! I'll listen to the wife next week & take the sunshade! :(

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
32 in the shade today. It was like somebody turned on the hot switch. Just over a week ago it was raining and decidedly cold (not in the same league as JoJo) and then suddenly we had temps in the 30s and lows (inside) of around 23/26....

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
32 in the shade today. It was like somebody turned on the hot switch. Just over a week ago it was raining and decidedly cold (not in the same league as JoJo) and then suddenly we had temps in the 30s and lows (inside) of around 23/26....
Huh! Its raining and cold again today. I think I shall unsubscribe from this thread :(

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,859 Posts
yep - we've gone from duvets to a sheet & a fan from one night to the next!!

·
Administrator
36,859 Posts
HAH! But I have carpets, central heating, a snuggly duvet and no mozzies (and the lights on cos its quite dark and gloomy outside) ;)

Jo xxx
& in the winter I have underfloor heating, hot aircon, duvets, slippers & snugglies!!

this last winter is the first one I haven't felt dreadfully cold though, if I'm honest

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
HAH! But I have carpets, central heating, a snuggly duvet and no mozzies (and the lights on cos its quite dark and gloomy outside) ;)

Jo xxx
JoJo you are in the wrong forum. People who want to promote living in the UK should be on that forum not the Spanish forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts