Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Moderators/Seniors,
I wanted to ask a question. Is it possible that we can publish on this forum request to create/add a new whatsapp group for a particular group of people who are in the same situation (Like waiting for an invite) so that they can share their views over Whatsapp or it would be considered an infringement.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
A whatsapp group would be an infringement, not least because it involves personal details being displayed on the forum, which then opens those who display them to all manner of scammers and more.

As wouls advertising such a group on here - you could get anyone infiltrating, using the information and/or scamming others.

Remember that this is an open forum and anyone can see information posted on here

Jo xxx

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jojo for clearing my doubt.

Reactions: jojo

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jojo,
Just a thought. What if no personal details are published openly on the forum and all details like phone number are provided over PM. Would that be possible. Or any mention of any groups like Whatsapp on the whole is considered infringement as it is considered (Whatsapp) or may be considered a competitor.

·
Administrator
49,874 Posts
There is nothing to prevent you from contacting individuals via PM to invite them to join your Whatsapp group - but publishing anything on the public message boards here is considered to be promoting a competing service. (Hey, the owners of this forum have to make a living, too, you know.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'm not sure what's different about creating a Whatsapp group vs. having a thread on the forum for your discussions. Here on the forum you would get a broader range of participants and greater input.

Reactions: Veronica and jojo

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Maggie,
Sometimes for example like you are submitting an EOI or filling up your VISA application you get stuck on some point.
If we post in this forum we do get a response and I do appreciate this forum for helping me out but posting in a whatsapp group would sometimes help me in getting a quicker response from someone who has already filled the form and submitted his application.
There are always pros and cons associated with each but I know for one thing if this forum would not have been there I would have ended up paying unnecessarily to an agent to take up my case.
So thanks to the creators and moderators on running this extremely helpful forum.

I'm not sure what's different about creating a Whatsapp group vs. having a thread on the forum for your discussions. Here on the forum you would get a broader range of participants and greater input.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
As it states in forum rules, if anyone wish to advertise, they need to be a premium account holder. Then they can advertise in the classified section.

Jo xxx

Sent from my D5803 using Expat Forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.