Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a pub, i know about the irish village in Garhoud and a sports bar type thing at the yacht club in the marina, any other recommendations... i live in downtown by the way.... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the Byblos Hotel at Tecom. The Crown and Lion is the pub on the left as you go into the hotel. Good Sports bar:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Argh. Only just seen this...

If you're Downtown I'd highly recommend coming to visit Nezesaussi. We've dozen of screen showing all the games.

Ask for Jon next time and if I'm in I'll get you a pint :)

(If this is an ad I apologise! The offer stands though :) )

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Annoyingly I just read about your place this morning on time outs website ha ha..

Will be avoiding rotana from here on out, there was a fight in there last night and the guy throwing the punches was allowed to stay and was clearly pally with management and door staff, made for a horrible atmosphere.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Annoyingly I just read about your place this morning on time outs website ha ha..

Will be avoiding rotana from here on out, there was a fight in there last night and the guy throwing the punches was allowed to stay and was clearly pally with management and door staff, made for a horrible atmosphere.
Aah yes, you'll be surprised to find that one or two places around town can be a little bit like the Wild West, usually for the football or after brunch!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shocked wasnt the word, if I was in the UK I wouldn't have given it a second thought but honestly didn't think I'd see it here... ah well...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shocked wasnt the word, if I was in the UK I wouldn't have given it a second thought but honestly didn't think I'd see it here... ah well...
In a former place of mine, we worked out I got hit (to varying degrees) once every three weeks, given our lack of security!

That said, once I was asked if I was ok, as I was meant to have had three fights that evening. I'm from Liverpool, I didn't realise I'd had any :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts