Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
It was in France, where I believe they don't kill the bulls in the ring. This guy tripped over his cape and the bull gored him while he was down.
The animal is still tormented for nothing more than entertanment, though. I have no sympathy for anybody who takes part and is killed or injured, either.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
I think the whole spectacle is barbaric and yes, he knew the risks. Still feel sorry for his family though.
They knew the risks.

Since getting involved again with an animal charity at times I find myself shedding tears of rage at some of the instances of neglect and cruelty we see all too often.
Last week some ******* stuffed - literally stuffed - a sick Podenco into a pipe at the entrance to our shelter. It had to be put to sleep.
Today a car drew up, the door opened and yet another painfully skinny Podenco was thrown out. The car drove off...The dog had to be carried to our clinic, its claws were so long it simply could not walk. It was covered in sores and it seems it has untreated Leishmania. We bathed it, cleaned its wounds, fed it rice and chicken which it gobbled, provided it with water and a clean soft bed in a kennel where it went to sleep. It may well survive.
Bull fighting contributes to the all too common culture here which sees animals as objects, work tools like tractors and spades, to be discarded when broken or no longer useful. The bull is the victim, the sacrifice in a spectacle, for money.
So I don't have an ounce of sympathy for the bull fighter or his family who no doubt enjoyed the money he made from his vile profession and I would enjoy seeing that poor dog dumped like rubbish today gain enough strength to bite the ******* off the ******* who threw him out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.