Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just discovered this place and to be honest after reading everything i wish i had found it a bit sooner:) I am planning a move to Cyprus in Febuary, i have a home to stay in and a job for a little after i arive as my girlfriend is cypriot and we have been out many times, but i cant help thinking im missing something.

I am a little worried about leaving uk and wondered if someone could give me some advice on things i might of forgotten to do like what happens about my pension contributions when i work in cyprus as i am 25 now and have worked for 7 years previous.

any advice from people that have alredy moved and worked throught things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Max

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi Max, welcome to the forum.

When you work in Cyprus you will have to pay Cyprus Social Insurance. That will enable you to build a pension 'pot' in Cyprus.

What are you doing about medical cover? If you haven't already done it, you should contact the UK Pension Service, tell them you are leaving the UK and ask for an E106 form. This will give you cover in Cyprus for a period of time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I had seen the form mentioned but didn't know where to get it from and will phone them today:)

any other pearls of wizdom out there from people that have already taken the leap?

Thanks again

Max

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.