Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am a data analyst with 5 years experience based out of bangalore and we (My better half and me) are thinking of migrating to Australia (actually its beyond the thinking phase and into the lets do something about it phase). My wife is a HR Consultant with a total work ex of 3 years. We did a lot of reading up and decided to go ahead with the process without an agent.

So here is where we stand and would really appreciate some advice.
- Gathered the required educational and experience certificates.
- Written IELTS

Now as I understand the next step is for the documents (Photocopies - Color or Black/White) to be attested (Notary or Advocate?).
Can anyone suggest a place i can get this done in Bangalore at a resonable rate?

Any advice or guidance is welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
My application was lodged by an agent so don't know what was done in my case. However, This is what the correspondence from the immig authorities refers to.

GSM accepts scanned copies. If possible, please provide colour scanned copies of original documents. If you are unable to colour scan documents, please ensure that the documents you scan are certified copies. If you send us a scan of the original document, we can accept PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats, although we prefer that it be in PDF format.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vishy,

I do have a few questions regarding use of agents. The online forums give out a mixed message. What is your opinion? Was it helpful for you and how much did it cost for the whole process?

Regards,

Proteus

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Vishy,

I do have a few questions regarding use of agents. The online forums give out a mixed message. What is your opinion? Was it helpful for you and how much did it cost for the whole process?

Regards,

Proteus
Hi Proteus,

First of all congrats and wish you good luck for your decision. :hug:

As far as I know, agents will help you only in submitting ACS / EOI / visa application. Apart from that, all other documentation you need to take care. If you still wish to go ahead with them, offshore agents may charge from 75K (INR) approx and onsite agents may charge 150K (INR) complete this entire process excluding std application fee. Make sure the agent is registered in MARA.

My suggestion would be, you are the best person to handle your own case.

Regards,
MSKKSM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Proteus - I will recommend you go independent and lodge it online (unless you have a complex case). The agents aren't of much help other than administrative. Infact the agency I went through was poor and that's why I ended up learning a lot of things about the process on my own.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hello Proteus,

I too second that it is a waste of time and money to go through an agent. I went through one before coming across this forum. The final decision is yours but after going through the process in my opinion we should do it ourselves.

Please go ahead and ask as many questions you have and I am sure all your queries will be replied to by any of the forum members.

Goodluck for the process.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

BTW is there any forum here dedicated to expats from bangalore? I asked coz this would help me get contacts (Notary/Advocates) for getting the documents attested. I enquired and the rates are too high (80-150 INR per copy!). Needed to know places where i can get them done at a reasonable rates, along with the color photocopies and scanning. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

BTW is there any forum here dedicated to expats from bangalore? I asked coz this would help me get contacts (Notary/Advocates) for getting the documents attested. I enquired and the rates are too high (80-150 INR per copy!). Needed to know places where i can get them done at a reasonable rates, along with the color photocopies and scanning. :D
Hi,

For attestion, I would suggest you to get from college Principal / a gaz. Doctor. They charge nominal cost and sometimes they don't even charge.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi,

For attestion, I would suggest you to get from college Principal / a gaz. Doctor. They charge nominal cost and sometimes they don't even charge.
You could approach a notary public for attestation of all your documents.(true copy attestation- of all copies).You could spot them in close proximity to any "Office of Sub registrar".They charge approx 20-30 bucks per copy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could approach a notary public for attestation of all your documents.(true copy attestation- of all copies).You could spot them in close proximity to any "Office of Sub registrar".They charge approx 20-30 bucks per copy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts