Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering moving to Canada with my company as a remote support engineer.
My question is , How easy is it to get a work visa and as I'm working from home, where are the best places in Ontario to live for Schools and house prices.

Would my wife be able to work and would my son be able to get a part-time job?

Forgot to say , I'm a Brit currently living in the US.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I am considering moving to Canada with my company as a remote support engineer.
My question is , How easy is it to get a work visa and as I'm working from home, where are the best places in Ontario to live for Schools and house prices.

Would my wife be able to work and would my son be able to get a part-time job?

Forgot to say , I'm a Brit currently living in the US.

Thanks
Would you be coming on an intra-company transfer or are you a self-employed contractor?
As far as best places to live and for schooling, this is how long's a piece of string. What are your lifestyle requirements? Urban, suburban or rural? How much to spend on house? Rent or buy?
Your wife and son would be able to work depending on your status.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few questions

Would you be coming on an intra-company transfer or are you a self-employed contractor?
As far as best places to live and for schooling, this is how long's a piece of string. What are your lifestyle requirements? Urban, suburban or rural? How much to spend on house? Rent or buy?
Thanks for your reply:
It will be an intra-company transfer. Our lifestyle is more on the suburban/rural,
walking to school, small town.
We would rent to start, then look for something around $500k to buy.

One last question; how severe are the winters? we heard from someone who lives Buffalo US, that the winters in and around toronto are quite severe.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Intra company transfer

Looks like it will be an intra-company transfer and we will want to live somewhere in walking distanct to schools, also with good public transport and some recreational stuff for the boys ( aged 15 & 11). Will rent to start then buy when we settle. Looking to buy for around 500K.
Thanks for the help and advice!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.