Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you so much for help and advisa-I will try and make this succinct.

I am a us citizen-just moved back to us from uk when post grad visa ran out. firstly and quickly-my employer was in the process of getting on the employers reg list as to sponsor me and he was denied for these reasons:

1. They dont think it is worth it for one person
2 . they belieive we should be trying to attract a graduate in the UK
3 We should try advertizeing in the European job centres.

is there a way to appeal the ukba's decision? can my employer or myself or both?

i am engaged to a uk citizen. i need to apply for a fiance visa and then go to the uk and then we will get married and then i will apply for the spousal visa. so questions are:

my finace-can he be on benefits and the application not be refused as long as he doesnt apply for further recourse to benefits? and does that apply after i get on the spousal visa too? and then after i apply for citizenship?

if we want to move to somewhere in scandinavia-do we have to wait until i get the spousal visa because i just read something about no reentry after married but before spousal visa? and what is i am waiting for my spousal visa and my husband goes ahead of me and moves to scandinavia and i am to meet him there-is that ok? what kind of meetings are there to get the spousal visa?

i just read something about the possibility of me having a sponsor? i thought one could have a sponsor for a work visa-but can i have one for a fiance visa? say for financials?

thank you sooooo much!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Your situation is quite complicated, so you should aim to simplify things.

If you are planning to move to Scandinavia I would try to get a visa as an EEA family member in teh country where you are going, which surprisingly can actually be much easier than getting a visa in the UK since the recipient state has no choice but issue it to you, since the visiting citizen is exercising treaty rights, the basic requirements would be much simpler.

2nd, if you are planning to get married, do so. The level of bureaucracy diminishes dramatically when you have a marriage certificate.

Getting a visa to live in the UK and then leave seems completely unnecessary to me.

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
Hello and thank you so much for help and advisa-I will try and make this succinct.

I am a us citizen-just moved back to us from uk when post grad visa ran out. firstly and quickly-my employer was in the process of getting on the employers reg list as to sponsor me and he was denied for these reasons:

1. They dont think it is worth it for one person
2 . they belieive we should be trying to attract a graduate in the UK
3 We should try advertizeing in the European job centres.

is there a way to appeal the ukba's decision? can my employer or myself or both?
I don't know what you and your employer were trying to do, but if you have a degree or postgraduate degree from UK, you can still apply for Tier 1 Post-study work visa if you hurry - it's abolished on 5th April. This allows you to take any job in UK for up to 2 years, during which you can switch to Tier 2 with sponsorship. Or were you on PSW visa and your employer was denied sponsoring you for Tier 2? You have to give us more details.

i am engaged to a uk citizen. i need to apply for a fiance visa and then go to the uk and then we will get married and then i will apply for the spousal visa. so questions are:

my finace-can he be on benefits and the application not be refused as long as he doesnt apply for further recourse to benefits? and does that apply after i get on the spousal visa too? and then after i apply for citizenship?
As a British citizen he can apply for benefits, and anything he does as a single applicant can count towards the maintenance requirement, but not anything he applies as a couple. So for your fiancée visa, his benefits are fine. For your FLR as spouse and ILR, provided he doesn't apply for benefits as a couple (such as tax credits).
Remember, UKBA will look negatively on those who have little income of their own but depend largely on benefits.

if we want to move to somewhere in scandinavia-do we have to wait until i get the spousal visa because i just read something about no reentry after married but before spousal visa? and what is i am waiting for my spousal visa and my husband goes ahead of me and moves to scandinavia and i am to meet him there-is that ok? what kind of meetings are there to get the spousal visa?
If you are getting married in UK but then intend to move to Scandinavia straight after, you don't need an expensive fiancée visa but just a marriage visitor visa ($125). Then straight after your marriage, follow the procedure laid down by the country you wish to move to. It may involve getting the equivalent of an EEA family permit or you may do it after you move just with your passport. Find out from the consulate concerned.
For example, this is what you need for Sweden:
Embassy of Sweden London - EU-Family Visa

i just read something about the possibility of me having a sponsor? i thought one could have a sponsor for a work visa-but can i have one for a fiance visa? say for financials?
For settlement visa, you can have financial sponsor but they must be resident in UK, usually parents or other family members of the UK partner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.