Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had a look through some posts, but they seem to refer to a different situation than what I'm currently in. Really, I'm not thinking about doing anything now, I'm just looking for information should the situation arise.

Basically, a few months ago I met a Chinese girl who is studying for her Masters' Degree in Engineering. I'd like to point out that neither of us has discussed this, but I'm the type of person who likes to at least have a vague idea of options, even if they're not needed.

In January, her visa will run out, and with the news about our government trying to make it even harder for non-EU students to work, I just wonder what could happen in the future (we have never even considered getting married, I'd like to point that out!).

I've read that we could get married on the student visa, but we'll have known each other six months, and I don't think I could commit to that. The other option would be for her to move back to China, and if we considered marriage then, we could apply for a Fiance visa which could hopefully turn into a Spouse Visa.

I do earn over the £18,600, so that much would be okay. I'm more concerned with how we could prove that we knew each other for these six months. We talk every day using an application called WeChat, although unfortunately it's not very good for exporting our chat history, so I'm thinking it would be pretty useless.

So I guess, after that wall of text, this is my *real* question. For the purposes of the Fiance Visa, how could her and I prove that we were in a genuine relationship for this period of time? I'm only really asking now, because I'd have time to get the required proof, if I asked in six months I may not be able to change something so that it's easier to prove our relationship.

I'd also like to say that we're planning on going back to China together for a few weeks, so I'd have proof that I've visited China and met her family, etc., etc.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated, although I do accept that it's very early and you might not have a lot of info' to share with me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see, so the best thing really would be to live together and maybe open a bank account together which would help to prove our relationship. Along with being able to prove she was living here, and me visiting China I hope that would be a good start.

Maybe an odd question, but I'm thinking of changing my current account. Would switching accounts look bad when you're applying for a visa?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not really. People do that all the time. When you are relying on savings (which you aren't because you earn enough), there is a rule requiring savings to stay in the same account for 6 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.