Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am applying for PR under Subclass 190 Visa after getting Invitation with Victoria State nomination. I have a few doubts relating to some of the information to be filled in the Visa Application (apologies if my queries are appearing a repetition):

1) I have 10+ years of experience and my ACS shows the total relevant experience of 8 years. In my EOI, I had mentioned only the relevant experience to SOL. My query is that in Visa Application, should I show only the relevant experience matching to EOI or I can add all experiences (being asked for upto 10 years)?

2) My child's birth certificate has only his Given Name. The passport has complete name i.e. Given Name + Surname. Is it advisable to get the Birth Certificate rectified or a sworn Affidavit can work in this case?

3) My spouse does not have a english test completed, but at the Master's Degree Level her medium of study was English. In order to prove her functional english ability, the certificate from university should work or she has to necessarily complete the english test i.e. IELTS/TOEFLT/PTE etc?

4) In EOI, I had selected my highest qualification as Masters (Others) for MBA, I realized now that I should have selected Masters in Engineering, Business or Technology. If I change this in Visa application, would it affect in any way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manoj

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am applying for PR under Subclass 190 Visa after getting Invitation with Victoria State nomination. I have a few doubts relating to some of the information to be filled in the Visa Application (apologies if my queries are appearing a repetition):

1) I have 10+ years of experience and my ACS shows the total relevant experience of 8 years. In my EOI, I had mentioned only the relevant experience to SOL. My query is that in Visa Application, should I show only the relevant experience matching to EOI or I can add all experiences (being asked for upto 10 years)?
>> For me the EOI copied over only relevant experience into the visa application anyways and I did not bother to touch it. I am sure this will work out without any problems. You anyways declare all your previous/ not-relevant employment, studies, etc. in other forms during the application process.

2) My child's birth certificate has only his Given Name. The passport has complete name i.e. Given Name + Surname. Is it advisable to get the Birth Certificate rectified or a sworn Affidavit can work in this case?
>> Have a sworn affidavit ready for this. If you search these forums, you should be able to find the format.

3) My spouse does not have a english test completed, but at the Master's Degree Level her medium of study was English. In order to prove her functional english ability, the certificate from university should work or she has to necessarily complete the english test i.e. IELTS/TOEFLT/PTE etc?
>> English test not required. However, have certificates from graduation/ post-graduation college as well as from school, because the visa application help tool-tip says this:
Completed all years of primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
4) In EOI, I had selected my highest qualification as Masters (Others) for MBA, I realized now that I should have selected Masters in Engineering, Business or Technology. If I change this in Visa application, would it affect in any way?
>> You can change it in the visa application, but do remember to submit a form for this correction. Not sure which it is- 1023 I think. If you read the online visa systems and all the forms involved, you should be able to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Manoj
answers in green

Edit: Congrats on the invite, especially since it came from VIC. What is your occupation?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
answers in green

Edit: Congrats on the invite, especially since it came from VIC. What is your occupation?
Thanks for the quick response. Greatly appreciated. :)

My occupation is 262111 (Database Administrator). I had applied for VIC nomination separately and after nomination my EOI got updated with Invited status and I received notification to apply visa.

About the queries, there is one more relating to below:

>> For me the EOI copied over only relevant experience into the visa application anyways and I did not bother to touch it. I am sure this will work out without any problems. You anyways declare all your previous/ not-relevant employment, studies, etc. in other forms during the application process.

>>>>> So my understanding now is that I can mention all the experiences in Visa Application upto 10 years (regardless of that I had mentioned only relevant experiences assessed by ACS in the EOI.) OR if I leave it as it is, then there is no harm in it. Please suggest if my understanding is correct.

Thanks again,

Manoj

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I was trying to say that in my EOI, I had entered all my work experience since the past 12+ years out of which only 01-Dec-2006 onwards was relevant. When I created the immi account (from the EOI invitation link), it copied over only work episodes from 01-Dec-2006 onwards, and I did not bother to add the previous ones (prior to Dec-2006). Have just left that section as-is and at the moment it has only my relevant experience. I don't plan to edit it nor add the non-relevant work experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was trying to say that in my EOI, I had entered all my work experience since the past 12+ years out of which only 01-Dec-2006 onwards was relevant. When I created the immi account (from the EOI invitation link), it copied over only work episodes from 01-Dec-2006 onwards, and I did not bother to add the previous ones (prior to Dec-2006). Have just left that section as-is and at the moment it has only my relevant experience. I don't plan to edit it nor add the non-relevant work experience.
Thanks for clarifying. So, I guess I am good with leaving the relevant experience details only in the Visa Application as that supports the claim I had made in my EOI (8+ years of experience in nominated occupation.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... Also, do I need to change the degree from Masters Others to Masters Engineering, Business or Technology necessarily via 1022 (form for notifying the change in circumstances). Eventually the degree is same, nevertheless.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I am not really sure if this can even be called as a mistake and the correction to be reported to the department. If you decide to do it, this would not count as a change in circumstance, but as a mistake. So, not 1022, but 1023.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again buddy. I'll send 1022 with this information to the authority. :)

A few more (sorry for bothering a lot).

-I saw somewhere that laminated certificates / documents may create a problem. I am not really sure where they may be required and if anyway laminated, do I need to get the lamination remove. (just trying to avoid any surprises at a later stage).

-And, do we need to show proof of funds in Visa application? (Though, I saw for VIC, they suggest to keep x amount but they do not need evidences.)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Thanks again buddy. I'll send 1022 with this information to the authority. :)

A few more (sorry for bothering a lot).

-I saw somewhere that laminated certificates / documents may create a problem. I am not really sure where they may be required and if anyway laminated, do I need to get the lamination remove. (just trying to avoid any surprises at a later stage).

-And, do we need to show proof of funds in Visa application? (Though, I saw for VIC, they suggest to keep x amount but they do not need evidences.)
(1) Again- 1023, and not 1022. 1022 is for "change in circumstances"- like your status getting changed from single to married, etc. 1023 is for informing about mistakes submitted earlier.

(2) I've never heard about this lamination thing. Beware! Trying to remove lamination will destroy the document permanently. University testamurs, etc. are normally laminated in such a fashion that it is impossible to remove them. Do not worry about this. As long as the text is legible, there would never be any problem. Also note that you never send any physical copies of your documents anywhere during the entire process. It is an online process throughout with you requiring to upload scanned documents.

(3) For 189, as of this writing (i.e. for FY 2014-15), there is no such requirement. But, we never know what changes will be announced (soon) for the new FY. For 190, I am not sure, but I think some states do require you to show funds/ assets. Not even sure if it is for 190 or 489. If there is any such requirement, it would be mentioned in the state's website.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again. I've noted the formc ... 1023. :) (typo in my last message)

About lamination thing, I'll hold it off. I had got the lamination done to make it safe but some people locally suggested me otherwise.

About 190, I'll check more on VIC's website. They mentioned that no evidence required but will see what comes in the Visa Application as I proceed with it. (have not reached to that stage yet in application)

My ACS is expiring in Oct 2015 so just trying to make sure that everything is transmitted correctly to avoid delays.

Thanks again for all your valuable inputs. I'll continue with my application now; let see how it goes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

I am about to submit y visa application soon. Just a quick query. Is it advisable to do the PCC and Medicals before applying for VISA. Just trying to understand if it's wise to do so in order to avoid loss of visa fee due to any refusal on these grounds (not likely though).

Thanks,

Manoj

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello,

I am about to submit y visa application soon. Just a quick query. Is it advisable to do the PCC and Medicals before applying for VISA. Just trying to understand if it's wise to do so in order to avoid loss of visa fee due to any refusal on these grounds (not likely though).

Thanks,

Manoj
Manoj,

Not advisable to do it so early. Has been explained before:
Moving to Australia: ACS Skill Assessment | Moving to Australia

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6855882-post56.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6799642-post341.html

Edit: If your point is about getting a preliminary test done to be sure about positive results, then:

Consult the same clinics that undertake these tests and get them done. Yes, is a good idea to invest this additional amount before plunging into the whole process.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great. Thanks again for valuable inputs. If required, I'll have it separately done to be sure.

Also, in the education section, just giving the highest qualification is sufficient or need to list from 10th onwards. If yes, then I do not see any option for 10th and 12th qualification to be added -- would they go in "others"?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Manoj,

Not advisable to do it so early. Has been explained before:
Moving to Australia: ACS Skill Assessment | Moving to Australia

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6855882-post56.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/6799642-post341.html

Edit: If your point is about getting a preliminary test done to be sure about positive results, then:

Consult the same clinics that undertake these tests and get them done. Yes, is a good idea to invest this additional amount before plunging into the whole process.
Hello KeeDa.. I am almost done with my visa application. Just waiting for CO to take a decision. One query I have - I got the medicals done today and have uploaded Form 80 and PCC which was asked by the CO.

I see an option in my application which says "Request Complete". I am just wondering if I should press that button and confirm OR should I wait until my Medical Records are uploaded by the clinic. (Under health details it says that the checkup has been undertaken and is under processing).

You advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward hearing from you.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hello KeeDa.. I am almost done with my visa application. Just waiting for CO to take a decision. One query I have - I got the medicals done today and have uploaded Form 80 and PCC which was asked by the CO.

I see an option in my application which says "Request Complete". I am just wondering if I should press that button and confirm OR should I wait until my Medical Records are uploaded by the clinic. (Under health details it says that the checkup has been undertaken and is under processing).

You advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward hearing from you.
I suggest you wait until the medical results reflect in immiAccount. Just a matter of a day or two. Then click that button.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suggest you wait until the medical results reflect in immiAccount. Just a matter of a day or two. Then click that button.
Thanks for your valuable input, as always.

Yeah, I think no harm waiting for another few days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts