Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worth asking tho =]

How are the cell phone services in Canada? I currently live in Malta and the system most people use is that they buy a phone of their choice from a store, then insert the SIM card from their provider of choice. There are offers for contracts but its mostly businesses that make use of them. Is it the same in Canada or are more mobile services by contract?

What's the gay scene like in Canada? I know same-sex marriage is legal there, which is a promising sign. Any first-hand experience of the alternative lifestyles there?

I'm looking at BC as a place to settle. I'm drawn to it because of the lifestyle most websites portray it as having; young, dynamic and varied. Your thoughts on this impression?

A strange question but one that occurred to me none the less. How do people help their pets (cats and dogs) deal with the cold winters? Of course one assumes they stay indoors most of the time but what about exercise? Is it possible to keep a short-haired dog comfortable during the winter months without restricting it to a totally indoor lifestyle?

Some of the questions probably sound rather strange but keep in mind I currently live somewhere akin to a vacation resort; we deal with ridiculously high summer temperatures and its like winter doesn't even make the effort :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cell companies are Bell, Rogers, Fido and they have contracts but you can get pay as you go cards. Usually the sim is tied to the cell company.
Pets - a lot of people train their dogs to use a treadmill in the winter months.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You can purchase sim cards and time at Rogers and a few more companys , make sure your cell phone has the 3rd wave installed , many only have 2 so you need to be sure of this , cell phones here also tend to fade at times if you are on the move(travelling).

I see many dogs outside in the winter , some buy jackets for their pet , in BC it never gets that cold to show concern for your pets well being , Colin .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.