Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a brush to sweep the chimney and flexible rods, here in spain, any help greatfully appreciated.

·
Registered
19,341 Posts
I can tell you chimney sweeps exist and are pretty expensive, but I suppose you know that already which is why you want the brushes. We get our chimney swept every 2 years and he comes to three houses at a time so he gives a better price. In fact this year the price went down; I think he made a mistake. It was about 55€ I think and other years I think it's been 80€

·
Registered
19,341 Posts
Leeroy merlin??? Carrefour??? or an independant ferreteria ???? Just places I would guess may do them??

Jo xxx
Hmm,
Carrefour no, Leroy Merlin I doubt it. I think, do a search for cepillo dehollinador and the place where you live and you might get smth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all, Carrefour, Leroy and ferreterias dont stock them, thanks for reply bon uk company ive emailed them for a price. Was hoping for a Spanish supplier,
Many Thanks

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
There must be somewhere in Spain that does them, afterall there are far more fires and chimneys in Spain than the UK I'd have thought???

Maybe this is a business opportunity????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,341 Posts
There must be somewhere in Spain that does them, afterall there are far more fires and chimneys in Spain than the UK I'd have thought???

Maybe this is a business opportunity????

Jo xxx
A couple of years ago I tried phoning other chimney sweeps in the area because I thought 80€ for about 20mins work was too expensive. The others were 90€ upwards!!!!
This is a business opportunity for
  1. After the recession.
  2. only for the autumn season

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
A couple of years ago I tried phoning other chimney sweeps in the area because I thought 80€ for about 20mins work was too expensive. The others were 90€ upwards!!!!
  1. After the recession.
I was thinking more of selling and supplying the brushes ?? Altho not exactly a "get rich quick" scheme !!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
  1. After the recession.
Whats the problem ??...there must be a little boy locally that you can send up....:)
much cheaper...

·
Registered
19,341 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
rods

Could you give me a bit of advice please. Do you think that 3 foot by 3 quater inch rods made of polypropylene would pass through a 45 degree bend in a 8 inch metal flue.

·
Registered
348 Posts
mmmmmmmm are you sure because the bend in directly on top of the wood burner and i can only go in this way. im thinking if i got 6 foot rods they would be more pliable and more likely to go through the bend.
OK...go for 6 fts then..should be more pliable. But your question referred to 3 fts, so I assumed that was what you had.:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK...go for 6 fts then..should be more pliable. But your question referred to 3 fts, so I assumed that was what you had.:confused:
Havent bought any yet, just deciding what to buy. Also Ive just taken deflector plate off and the baffle that regulates the amount of air that goes up the flue doesnt appear to be able to be taken out. This means I can only push the brush down from the top of the flue (very difficult), unless I get a brush that I can drag by means of wire, through the flue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Havent bought any yet, just deciding what to buy. Also Ive just taken deflector plate off and the baffle that regulates the amount of air that goes up the flue doesnt appear to be able to be taken out. This means I can only push the brush down from the top of the flue (very difficult), unless I get a brush that I can drag by means of wire, through the flue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.