Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I have a question regarding visiting Sweden as a tourist after my 2 year visa in Denmark expired 2 months ago. I am form a non EU country, but I do not need tourist visa. I can travel for 90 days out of 180 days cycles. Am I allowed to travel in another schengen country even thought 3 months hasn't passed yet, but that was a working visa in a duration of 2 years and after I left Denmark, i didn't use my 90 days as a tourist. I really want to go there during the Christmas holidays, so I would really appreciate if there is someone who can give an opinion or has been in a similar situation. I know for sure I can go in Germany that way, but I am not sure fo r Sweden.
Thanks

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
Sweden and Germany are both in the Schengen Area, so they share a common visa regime. Your work visa period in Denmark does not count against you for the 90/180 rule. Your combined time in the Schengen Area as a tourist counts. For example, you could visit Germany for 58 days and then immediately go to Sweden for up to 32 days (total 90). Then you have to depart the Schengen Area and stay out for 91 days to "reset your clock" before you can go back. (You don't need to wait as long if you stayed in the Schengen Area less than 90 days.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts