Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subclass 887 Visa

I have a subclass 489 Family Sponsored visa. I understand that in order to qualify for permanent residency or a subclass 887 visa I have to be living for 2 years and working full-time for at least 1 year in a specified area. Does living and working within the Perth metro area fulfill this requirement? And what is the minimum number of hours required to qualify as full-time employment?

Thank you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Number of hours 35 a week. And all postcodes have been given to clarify which area of Perth you can work or cannot. Complying the condition is must to go further for 887.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can take Two jobs to complete your required hours.
Can you or anyone please let me know the documents requried for prove work and residential ?

Is below documents are enough to submitt work and residential requirement ?
1. Payslips, Work reference letter, Contract offer letter.
2. Bank account statement for address showing designatted area...

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The more clarity that you have in your documents given for proof. The more it becomes for the CO to conclude.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I have a 475 and in August I will apply together with my wife for 887. I think the overall process is clear, however there are few things which I'm not 100% i understand.

For example, we will need a police clearance certificate from every country for the last 10 years.
In the last 10 years we both lived in Romania and Czech Republic. When we applied for 475 we both had a police clearance for both countries. Now, being in Autralia it will very complicated to grab a police clearance from Romania and Czech Republic. Since we entered Australia we didn't left the country.

My question is. In addition of National police clearance from Australia is really required to have police clearance from other countries?

·
Registered
8 Posts
work hours condition

Dear Everyone,

I understand that I have to live in WA (checked with visa condition) for 2 years and worked 1 year for at least 35 hours /week. I do understand two part times job can also include. However, nobody mention here is the public holidays.

I'm currently working 5 days / week with casual full time. So whenever the public holidays come I lost my job hours. Since I am not on full time permanent job. I think that even I work two part time jobs I still can't meet this because of public holidays.

So my question is how immigration office decide on this matter? They said allow two part time jobs but how about the public holidays. I see too many public holidays here. Can help me please? What should I do?

I have 489 family sponsored visa with 4 years valid. I wish to apply 887 visa as soon as i met the requirements.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dear Everyone,

I understand that I have to live in WA (checked with visa condition) for 2 years and worked 1 year for at least 35 hours /week. I do understand two part times job can also include. However, nobody mention here is the public holidays.

I'm currently working 5 days / week with casual full time. So whenever the public holidays come I lost my job hours. Since I am not on full time permanent job. I think that even I work two part time jobs I still can't meet this because of public holidays.

So my question is how immigration office decide on this matter? They said allow two part time jobs but how about the public holidays. I see too many public holidays here. Can help me please? What should I do?

I have 489 family sponsored visa with 4 years valid. I wish to apply 887 visa as soon as i met the requirements.
From what I understand is as long as you can proof that you work at least 35 hours/week in most period of time during this 2 years regardless of public holidays then they would still count it as legit evidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

I am currently in 489 family Sponsored as dependent. My wife was the primary applicant for 489.
But now i am the one who do the job which has 35 hours per week in designated area. and we both live in designated area.
Can i be the primary applicant for 887 permanent visa?

An answer would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello

I am currently in 489 family Sponsored as dependent. My wife was the primary applicant for 489.
But now i am the one who do the job which has 35 hours per week in designated area. and we both live in designated area.

Thanks
Hi mate,

As I know primary applicant should satisfy the criteria not the defendant

Reactions: Roshant

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dependent= secondary applicant
Could you direct me to an information which says secondary applicant cannot apply as the main applicant plz

I have seen somewhere else, some one has applied which has same conditions as mine. that's why i asked

Thanks
I've searched some topics relating this in the forum because I'm applying visa 489 too.
As I know, dependant in visa 489 can become a primary applicant in visa 887

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've searched some topics relating this in the forum because I'm applying visa 489 too.
As I know, dependant in visa 489 can become a primary applicant in visa 887
Yes. You may correct. Sorry for the confusion. Kindly refer below info from web

Requirements

You might be able to get this visa if you:

are in Australia
hold a
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487)
or
Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa
have lived in a specified regional area of Australia​ for at least two years
have worked full time in a specified regional area for at least one year
meet health and character requirements.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello

Thanks
They don't care who the main applicant is, they only care if you hold subclass 489 or not. That's it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
G'Day,

I hold 489 SC Family sponsored Visa and I'm the Primary applicant. and my spouse accompanying me as the secondary applicant...

Now we are planning to apply for 887 SC visa... Questions are...
1 As I'm the primary applicant have some issues in prove the full time hours working for one year. Because I do a part time job and causal Job. So some weeks I don't get enough hours to meet 36 hours/week condition. BUT the secondary applicant meets the relevant requirement for more than 16 Months. Can any one tell with this, do we eligible to apply for 887.

2 And living in Designated Area... for nearly for 2 years... for the first few months I lived with my relatives house. to prove that I only have the Bank statements. Do you think that would be enough to claim those months for living the designated area...

3 For any reason do we need to submit any health insurance details during our stay...???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you or anyone please let me know the documents requried for prove work and residential ?

Is below documents are enough to submitt work and residential requirement ?
1. Payslips, Work reference letter, Contract offer letter.
2. Bank account statement for address showing designatted area...

Please reply. Thanks in advance.
Hi
I am also sponsor by eligible relative Do I need to prove work experience in designated area or regional area

·
Registered
16 Posts
887 subclass visa application help

Hi,

Needed help from you all. If some one can share their knowledge as in how to apply visa 887(family sponsored) I will be applying in September this year, questions that I have are

1) As we need to provide address proofs for for living in designated areas. For that I have mobile bills and bank statements, Car insurace policy letter also my pay slips have address details on it so would that be sufficient proof. I don't have any utility bills under my name as I am living with family. Is there any other proof that I can use?

2) for this visa application we need to show that we have worked for one year. I can show my payslips for that period. Is there any other document that we need to submit. Do we have to provide any letter from the employer if yes, Is there any particular content that should be written in that? I was wondering if there is any template for that.

3) do we need to give reference letter from employer, document stating job responsibilities and contract letter etc.

And please tell if any other document needed as well.

Thanks,
Ace

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

Needed help from you all. If some one can share their knowledge as in how to apply visa 887(family sponsored) I will be applying in September this year, questions that I have are

1) As we need to provide address proofs for for living in designated areas. For that I have mobile bills and bank statements, Car insurace policy letter also my pay slips have address details on it so would that be sufficient proof. I don't have any utility bills under my name as I am living with family. Is there any other proof that I can use?

2) for this visa application we need to show that we have worked for one year. I can show my payslips for that period. Is there any other document that we need to submit. Do we have to provide any letter from the employer if yes, Is there any particular content that should be written in that? I was wondering if there is any template for that.

3) do we need to give reference letter from employer, document stating job responsibilities and contract letter etc.

And please tell if any other document needed as well.

Thanks,
Ace
hi,

have a look all your answers is here
Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887) document checklist

cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
887 visa help

Hi
I got 489 visa. did first arrival for 15 day in australia and return to my country. Now I am going to australia again after 1 year and 9months after I got the visa 489.

It means I have 2 years and 3 months left. In order to get 887 visa I need to apply after 2 years so when I apply I have only 3 months left.

currently, 887 visa timing 6 months so will I get bridging visa and If yes for how long.

Because only three month left.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts