Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear 60 pointers
Let’s open this post for those who are currently struggling with 60 points

This post is strictly for non pro rata occupation, obviously, the score of pro-rata occupation is very high and the chances to get an invitation with 60 points if you are prorata is very low

Currently the curve is at 65 let’s hope that when the results for the last round of October comes out, the curve will slightly skew toward 60 points lol

I am a civil engineer submitted my EOI on 27 September 2017 and waiting for invitation

Let’s hope for the best

The funny thing is that last December the skillselect system sent me an email begging me to file an EOI with 60 points but back then, I was done with IELTS but I didn’t start the skill assessment

Please post your stories here and let’s cheer each other’s and if you have any questions from my side let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Civil engineer

Good thread Guys.

My theory for Invitations is that :

1) In July & August rounds, only 70 & 75 pointers were invited - No 65 Pointers were invited

2) In September & October, 65 Pointers and above were invited - No 60 Pointers were invited

So based on the above pattern & if DIBP is following it - then 60 pointers will be invited from the November rounds.

Anyways, lets hope for the best.

Cheers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good thread Guys.

My theory for Invitations is that :

1) In July & August rounds, only 70 & 75 pointers were invited - No 65 Pointers were invited

2) In September & October, 65 Pointers and above were invited - No 60 Pointers were invited

So based on the above pattern & if DIBP is following it - then 60 pointers will be invited from the November rounds.

Anyways, lets hope for the best.

Cheers.

I hope that your lil theory work ... let’s hope that the backlog will clear ASAP

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Subscribing!!

233211 civil, with 60 points. Submitted eoi on 17th july.

Still waiting!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Oh shoot, I hope that you get that magic invitation email ASAP you were clearly waiting for so long ... let us know of your progress if you are invited

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh shoot, I hope that you get that magic invitation email ASAP you were clearly waiting for so long ... let us know of your progress if you are invited

Yes!!! Eagerly waiting. I hope something happens before dec!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Subscribed! Best wishes guys. My view is based on current trend 60 pointers ITA may start after 2 or 3 rounds. But 65 and above EOI s are keep raising.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi 60 pointers, my submition date is 29th sept, can't wait to know the number of coming rounds! My story is not a easy one. As I have no related job experience with my bachelor, so I have to get 20points in English and I missed last financial year which welcomed 60 pointers... and before that, I already made skills assessment of my present career and was waiting for 190 invites and the career was removed in April... so if they don't invite in the coming rounds, I may try naati which will be reformed in 2018 .... but there is still chance! Hope for the best! Good luck to all 60 pointers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,

I've also subscribed to this thread now.

My profession is a relatively uncommon ANZSCO code, what are your thoughts on this? Does this make my chances higher of getting an invite when the rounds start including 60 pointers? My point is, is it a good or bad thing being in a small ANZSCO group?

Thanks,
sub

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello guys!

I've just subscribed to this thread.
FYI, I submitted my EOI on 3rd July 2017 with 60 points for subclass-190 and with 65 points for 489 (Family Sponsored). Unfortunately, still waiting for the ITA. No hope for 489 (FS) as zero invite till now in this category.

I will get 5 more points in the coming December as my experience count would be 8 years by December 2017.
Hope to get a positive response by then or before in subclass-190.

Good Luck to all of you and keep updating your status here :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hie guys.

What are pro rata occupations?

The answer is in this YouTube video
Remove the spaces when you copy paste

https :// youtu.be /rn8VzgfvMz0

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys,

How much invitations per round we can expect for November month.

Thanks

Not announced yet but it is 2-3 rounds expected

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi!
I'm joining this thread.
I am civil engineer and submitted my EOI on 2nd Aug 2017 with 60 points for subclass 189 and with 65 points for 190 (Vic).
Still waiting... I never heard back from Vic even after the 12 weeks period finished.

Is it normal? Are they taking even longer to reply?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts