Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Will the rugby be shown on Spanish t.v. I live in Zaragoza,
I very much doubt it. Rugby has limited appeal to the Spaniards, and Six Nations Championship doesn't feature Spain. But matches are covered by BBC and Sky, and you should have no trouble watching in British or Irish bars with satellite TV.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The only place I can find it is a canal plus sports channel. Which is annoying as we only have TDT!
You must find a way guys. Go into your locals and demand it. Spain needs to get into Rugby. The opener on Friday I think may be a cracker.

And I have a dream that one day The Pumas will make it 7 nations and they will play their games in Spain. OK it is a long shot dream but unless the Pumas are playing England I always wish them well. Damn tough playing rugby when the nearest opposition are 8000 miles away :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Our local doesn't have a sports licence for the TV. I did ask them that since when did such a triviality matter, but they can't get the rugby.

Can't even find it on any of the Catalan channels either, which is gutting. Thought they might have it with Perpignan being (French) Catalonia and a big rugby town.

Might have to drive three hours and cross the Pyrenees!

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
The Pumas (Argentina) will be in the 4 nations (southern hemisphere ex tri-nations) from 2012 and sadly will therefore not be playing in the 7 nations based in Spain.

Spain have no chance whatever of playing in the 6 nations (sadly - it would be good wouldn't it?).

I have never had a problem watching 6 nations rugby in Spanish bars - I think it's on Canal+ .

My bar however has Sky so you are all welcome to come down here and watch - see you tomorrow.:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Or get yourself a small dish (60 or 80cm will do) and a free to air receiver, set it up, and watch it live on BBC Sports streams....nice and easy to recieve across most of spain!

(contary to post above I dont think Sky has the 6 nations rights, just BBC, and S4C, )

I know it is on Digital+ and not on TDT.
I know - I was blagging;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Or get yourself a small dish (60 or 80cm will do) and a free to air receiver, set it up, and watch it live on BBC Sports streams....nice and easy to recieve across most of spain!

(contary to post above I dont think Sky has the 6 nations rights, just BBC, and S4C, )

I know it is on Digital+ and not on TDT.
Got a 60cm dish as bought a caravan and accessories to move here. We can get the Sports streams in Castellon province. I didn't realise they would have the rugby.

I am 35 and have watched the 6 nations (or 5 nations as was) for probably 30 years, rugby union is the only sport I enjoy, playing or watching.

I will go up to the finca tomorrow and get the dish and the tv and watch it all on our patio, with a glass of wine or three,

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well great opener. Great commentary and Brian Moore on top form. Flood and Wilkinson - what a duo.

Hopefully Wales will get it together and thrash France. And England are on their way :D

Hope everyone who wanted it found a TV :cool:

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Well great opener. Great commentary and Brian Moore on top form. Flood and Wilkinson - what a duo.

Hopefully Wales will get it together and thrash France. And England are on their way :D

Hope everyone who wanted it found a TV :cool:
Well at least we won - no easy feat in Cardiff. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Brian Moore in top form" though. He's a ****. So was he in top **** form?:confused2:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well at least we won - no easy feat in Cardiff. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Brian Moore in top form" though. He's a ****. So was he in top **** form?:confused2:
He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is at least a very knowledgeable and at times amusing fellow who can communicate to the masses. And he has fun. I think he compliments well the rest of the BBC team.

Anyway another couple of interesting games today.

Have Ireland one last celebration in them before some of their legends retire? Wish I could be in an Irish bar in Madrid today.

And which France will turn up today? :D

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is at least a very knowledgeable and at times amusing fellow who can communicate to the masses. And he has fun. I think he compliments well the rest of the BBC team.

Anyway another couple of interesting games today.

Have Ireland one last celebration in them before some of their legends retire? Wish I could be in an Irish bar in Madrid today.

And which France will turn up today? :D
Sadly I fear the current Irish squad has had its day but I suppose they might just manage one more.

I support Italy after England - I guess it's an underdog thing. I would just love to be at the Stadio Flaminio today.

When I'm rich I'm going to follow sport, well rugby and cricket anyway, around the world.

I usually support Scotland to the same extent that they support England - i.e. not at all - however I will try to today as we could do with France getting a bit of a stuffing. Can't see that happening though really.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Sadly I fear the current Irish squad has had its day but I suppose they might just manage one more.

I support Italy after England - I guess it's an underdog thing. I would just love to be at the Stadio Flaminio today.

When I'm rich I'm going to follow sport, well rugby and cricket anyway, around the world.

I usually support Scotland to the same extent that they support England - i.e. not at all - however I will try to today as we could do with France getting a bit of a stuffing. Can't see that happening though really.
So apart from Mr Moore we think absolutely alike :D:D I have many friends in Scotland, some of them scottish, but when it comes to rugby or football I can only enjoy their losses. Sad really because I always supported Wales, N Ireland and Scotland at everything and even Ireland above the rest. But when I saw the scots hatred of England (remembering we are only talking about sport :D), I decided enough was enough. So I started to enjoy any scottish downfall and bought shares in flag companies ;)

But as you say anything that nibbles at the French would be good so I'll pray for a draw as rare as those are in Rugby.

Enjoy your rugby Jimenato and don't forget every now and again to give us an update on bars and smoking. I find real observation so much better than the opinions of those who are entrenched and guess ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
What a travesty, Italy deserved to have their first win. Driscoll's days are numbered, keep him for the World Cup and we'll have a chance

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
My lad went to see the match, he's still in Cardiff before he leaves for the Twilight Zone around 11 o'clock and then arrives home in the early hours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.