Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys 6 days to go. In the last 3 months i have decorated the house from top to bottom, levelled and turfed the back garden removed all rubbish from garden, garages, lofts sheds and play houses, done half a dozen boot sales, endless drops to charity shops. had endless trips up the vet to vaccinate, spey blood test and passport 3 cats 1 dog, 1 more vet trip to go, certificate to travel. come to spain got our nie, residency, rented a villa. Booked a lorry and ferries. got 16 year old into residential college here, looked at state schools for younger ones in spain, put house on the market, visited dentist, doctors, canncelled child benefit reapplied for child benefit in hubbies name, tried to get discounted council tax
(not a chance) renwed the passports started packing. Brought the cigars and champagne for the first night of our new lives.

So tell me please did i forget anything?????????????????????????????????????????? ( do you have 1 of those little icons for stress cause i need some lol)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
hi guys 6 days to go. In the last 3 months i have decorated the house from top to bottom, levelled and turfed the back garden removed all rubbish from garden, garages, lofts sheds and play houses, done half a dozen boot sales, endless drops to charity shops. had endless trips up the vet to vaccinate, spey blood test and passport 3 cats 1 dog, 1 more vet trip to go, certificate to travel. come to spain got our nie, residency, rented a villa. Booked a lorry and ferries. got 16 year old into residential college here, looked at state schools for younger ones in spain, put house on the market, visited dentist, doctors, canncelled child benefit reapplied for child benefit in hubbies name, tried to get discounted council tax
(not a chance) renwed the passports started packing. Brought the cigars and champagne for the first night of our new lives.

So tell me please did i forget anything?????????????????????????????????????????? ( do you have 1 of those little icons for stress cause i need some lol)

:scared::pray2: I think you have most of it covered Chris! It tough isnt it trying to remember everything you need to do .... a bit like thinking youve missed something out ouf your suitcase when packing for the holidays only on a MUCH BIGGER SCALE !!!

Best of luck with the move and Im sure you will be putting your feet up with a nice glass of wine or something similar very soon !

Sue :love:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
:smokin:Will this do...lol!? Well, you have been busy and organised! It's surprising where the energy comes from isn't it when you're excited about something. I can't think of anything you've missed. You must be counting the hours as well...lol?

Good look and I hope Spain gives you what you want.

Chica.x

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
God you are trying hard this Summer X ! :D:D:D
Well as you know Sue....I hate to see newcomers here make the same mistakes that others did in the past!

Statistics show that not one of the people who ended up going back had a nice website and a donkey!

And here's me....nice website....nice donkey.....and I'm still here!

What can we learn from this? :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well as you know Sue....I hate to see newcomers here make the same mistakes that others did in the past!

Statistics show that not one of the people who ended up going back had a nice website and a donkey!

And here's me....nice website....nice donkey.....and I'm still here!

What can we learn from this? :)
:thumb: hee hee hee we learn from this that you are one fantastic salesman who never loses his ability to do it with a smile :D

We also learn from this that I need to get a donkey and website pronto otherwise my time could be limited here :eek:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Adaptor plugs!!!! dont forget adaptor plugs!! We did and for the first night we couldnt plug anything in, no hairdryer, kettle, phone chargers... Important things like those!!!

Good luck with it all! It'll be a relief when you get to the other end and thats when the stress really starts!!

Jo xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.