Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I started my first job on 02-Aug-2010.
I will complete 5 years of service(same company) on 01-Aug-2015.
However, I have resigned and my last working day is 29-06-2015.

I got to know from a friend, that while assessment, they dont check exact date. They just see, AUG-2010 to JUL-2015, so total of 5 years.

So if my company extends my notice period, then will it be helpful to me?:confused2:

Please help.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Assessors and immigration do sometimes call employers to verify details so providing incorrect information could get you into strife.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Maggie,

I am not doing anything wrong or fraud here.

Its just, if my current company by any reason extends my notice period, then in my relieving letter it will be like 'from: AUG-10 to: JUL-15' which means 5 years of service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi All,

I started my first job on 02-Aug-2010.
I will complete 5 years of service(same company) on 01-Aug-2015.
However, I have resigned and my last working day is 29-06-2015.

I got to know from a friend, that while assessment, they dont check exact date. They just see, AUG-2010 to JUL-2015, so total of 5 years.

So if my company extends my notice period, then will it be helpful to me?:confused2:

Please help.

Many Thanks.
Hi IshM

Even though most of assessment parties will count exp. on month of that you just demonstrated, however, DIBP will count on days, you can check it out by yourself on SkillSelct system :)

I am telling you because I have same situation few days ago, my claimed working period starts from 31-5-2010, EOI shows 5 points until 29-5-2015 of updated to 10 points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts