Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Could you please help me. I couldn't find a proper source for my question, so I decided to ask the migration gurus on this forum :)
I tired to pay huge bills for rent, etc. I can't find a good job due to my education (noone wants to hire a student), so, I started to think about moving into region to save money, and, I pretty sure that I could find there same work which I have now in the city.
One more think which I'm thinking about is 5 additional points for the regional study. With these points my idea (to move into region) doen't seem too crazy for me. Well, my question is: Is there possibility to change uni in the middle of my degree (I've already done first year and will have 2 semesters more) in order to obtain additional 5 points for regional education?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have anyone met same situation?
Hi

You can change your university, that wont be an issue.
Just make sure you transfer your credit points, I believe you dont want to sit for that 2 semester again haha.

I suggest you to find a uni in regional australia first, find a course relevant to you, see if the course (subjects) are similar to what you have done and then apply for transfer credit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

You can change your university, that wont be an issue.
Just make sure you transfer your credit points, I believe you dont want to sit for that 2 semester again haha.

I suggest you to find a uni in regional australia first, find a course relevant to you, see if the course (subjects) are similar to what you have done and then apply for transfer credit
Many thanks tikna for the answer.
It's simpler, I won't change uni, only branch.
So, I suggest that the point system would work? :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you just changing branch, then I dont see any problem.
But are you changing the course too? then the credit transfer will come into effect!!
Thank you tikna!

I found answer on my question:
to get the points for rural area you need to study at least 4 semesters there.
M.b. this information will be helpful for someone.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts