1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in IT. I got my skills assessment done and this is what I received:
Age = 25 points

Degree = 10 points

Work exp = 10 points (they approved 6 yrs)

IELTS = 10 (7.0 Band in each of 4 module, got 8 overall in score - first attempt)

Total = 55

If I go for State nomination, I will get additional 5 points making it 60. But I have heard that most people get 60 points but never get an invitation because if you have 65 or 70 points then your chances are better. Some agents are suggesting me to go for 189. I'm not sure. NSW is offering 189 sub class visa. Is there anyone already residing in Australia with sub-class 189 and can they share their experience?

Also, what if I study alot and try to do iELTS again. ( R= 7.5, W=7, L=8.5, S=8) I didnt study but just knew the general pattern and got this score. If I can get an 8 overall I will get 65 points atleast and then I can apply for state immigration only. Any tips?

Please suggest me. I'm really confused

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I think the best bet would be to try PTE as most of the PR community including myself found it easy to crack than IELTS. If you get 79+ i.e. you will have 65 points without any state sponsorship and you can apply for 189. You have to check mainly on the timelines of EOI for your occupation. If in case you are applying for IT then you have to surely have 65+ points so that you are eligible to get the EOI.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Agree with Shyam99.

Go with PTE and try to get scores of 79+ in all sections.
Thats your best bet right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I think the best bet would be to try PTE as most of the PR community including myself found it easy to crack than IELTS. If you get 79+ i.e. you will have 65 points without any state sponsorship and you can apply for 189. You have to check mainly on the timelines of EOI for your occupation. If in case you are applying for IT then you have to surely have 65+ points so that you are eligible to get the EOI.
Thanks but not sure if PTE is available in my country :(

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Thanks but not sure if PTE is available in my country :(
You are right
It's not available
Most members go,to Dubai to write the exam and still feel it is worth it

Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would advise you to first try PTE-A online mock test before spending money on the ticket and other expense. PTE would cost you at least 3 times expensive than the IELTS. Secondly, PTE is not easy or difficult than IELTS its different. If you have already got 7+ then I think you should try IELTS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts