Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I received today a positive assessment as civil engineer and I have now 55 points without considering the 5 points of nomination. My inquiry is :
Do I submit one EOI including both 190 ( with 60 points ) and 189 (with 55 points) and update later as soon as I receive the ten points of IELTS
OR I submit an EOI including only 190 , and later on, when I receive those 10 points, I update and add the 189 visa with 65 points?
Please advise.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi everyone
I received today a positive assessment as civil engineer and I have now 55 points without considering the 5 points of nomination. My inquiry is :
Do I submit one EOI including both 190 ( with 60 points ) and 189 (with 55 points) and update later as soon as I receive the ten points of IELTS
OR I submit an EOI including only 190 , and later on, when I receive those 10 points, I update and add the 189 visa with 65 points?
Please advise.
Are you OK with any of these VISA? I mean whichever comes first is OK for you to accept?

If yes, then create 2 EOIs. Update the EOI whenever you get chance to add more points. Although your points are on low end.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi everyone
Please advise.
You can submit EOI but won't get invited on 189 invitation pool as you have just 55 points. You should submit EOI selecting both streams (189 and 190) and later you can just update when you have successfully achieved IELTS bands.

Reactions: Ham Admanedien

·
Registered
458 Posts
So far, to opposing replies
They replied honestly because that is today's truth :) with 60 points it is nearly impossible to get invite.... as people keep on adding to the queue with more points

You can first add 190 as you have 60 points. Im not sure if the system allows to add with 55 points or not for 189. Once you receive IELTS score, you update 190 and apply for 189.

If you feel scoring in IELTS is tough, you can give PTE-A a try

All the best

Reactions: Ham Admanedien

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They replied honestly because that is today's truth :) with 60 points it is nearly impossible to get invite.... as people keep on adding to the queue with more points

You can first add 190 as you have 60 points. Im not sure if the system allows to add with 55 points or not for 189. Once you receive IELTS score, you update 190 and apply for 189.

If you feel scoring in IELTS is tough, you can give PTE-A a try

All the best
Sure. I know they are honest. But still opposing of each other. Nevertheless, if 55+5 will be near impossible to get the nomination, then what is the idea behind the nomination itself if it will not add 5 points to those who have 55 points?
If I had 60 points I would have gone for 189 without resorting to the nomination option, isn`t it?
Secondly,are all the occupations in the same boat? I am civil engineer 233211, anyone have an Idea about the chances?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sure. I know they are honest. But still opposing of each other. Nevertheless, if 55+5 will be near impossible to get the nomination, then what is the idea behind the nomination itself if it will not add 5 points to those who have 55 points?
If I had 60 points I would have gone for 189 without resorting to the nomination option, isn`t it?
Secondly,are all the occupations in the same boat? I am civil engineer 233211, anyone have an Idea about the chances?
bottom line is 60 points have very less chance. even 65 pointers are waiting to get invite yet. On top of it, 65 pointers keep getting added so reaching 60 pointers is even tougher.
You are suggested to file an EOI with atleast 60 points with a hope that cut off reaches 60. and the early you enter with less points the better.
Meanwhile if you are able to increase your points meanwhile then update it in the already submitted EOI.

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/26-july-2017-round-results.aspx

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bottom line is 60 points have very less chance. even 65 pointers are waiting to get invite yet. On top of it, 65 pointers keep getting added so reaching 60 pointers is even tougher.
You are suggested to file an EOI with atleast 60 points with a hope that cut off reaches 60. and the early you enter with less points the better.
Meanwhile if you are able to increase your points meanwhile then update it in the already submitted EOI.

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/26-july-2017-round-results.aspx
As I understood, this does not apply on visa 190. does it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts