Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Brazilian, I don't need a visa to go as tourist to UK and Europe.However I just can stay for 3 months.I need 4 or 5 months at least.

I know that UK and Ireland don't belongs to schengen.So, my idea: 3 months in some schengen country such as spain and 2 months in UK or Ireland.

Is this possible ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I am right and you have no worries.
Border officials aren't keeping a tab on you about how long you spend, but they and others such as the police can if they want to and use it a reason to exclude or expel you. If you overstay in Schengen and it's obvious from your passport stamps, UK border officials have been known to turn you away. Their reason being that someone who flouts another jurisdiction's immigration rules shouldn't be trusted to keep the UK law.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am right and you have no worries.
Border officials aren't keeping a tab on you about how long you spend, but they and others such as the police can if they want to and use it a reason to exclude or expel you. If you overstay in Schengen and it's obvious from your passport stamps, UK border officials have been known to turn you away. Their reason being that someone who flouts another jurisdiction's immigration rules shouldn't be trusted to keep the UK law.
I got your point and in fact I agree with the line of though of the UK border.And that's my intention: Respect the laws.

As long UK is no Schengen I can stay 90 days in Spain and 60 in Uk.Both will give me 90 each one and this will give me 180 days of right (If I understood you)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can stay up to 6 months in UK, and that's what they will normally stamp you, even if you have declared a shorter period on your immigration card that you complete. It's only single entry, so each time you return, you need to get a new leave to enter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.