Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
That sounds terrific Lefties, we BBQ some steaks and had Mig Light, we are also celebrated winning the "Wetting" or local lottery, we won 6,000 pesos, nobody got bilotto, so the neighborhood and in-laws (one-ways/tight wads) are slumming and I'm smiling, wife finally onboard.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol m.....did u show them a san mig and toast? Good your wife finally on board.i would have left her in the dust long ago.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great 4th ....80 degrees...good food.
We had a great one with the Filipina posse up in Bellingham. Tons of food as the norm, great PacNW microbrews, and Crown Royal and fireworks shpw to finish the day. Bone dry and 80's here this summer, sometimes 90s...very unusual for PACIFIC NW. Summer feels like California. Now back to reality today and mow the grass. Happy Independence Day Y'all !

·
Super Moderator
3,606 Posts
We had a great one with the Filipina posse up in Bellingham. Tons of food as the norm, great PacNW microbrews, and Crown Royal and fireworks shpw to finish the day. Bone dry and 80's here this summer, sometimes 90s...very unusual for PACIFIC NW. Summer feels like California. Now back to reality today and mow the grass. Happy Independence Day Y'all !
Nice party and nice weather, sure miss the crabbing and fishing in Washington State, there was spot down by the wharf in Seattle that sold baked halibut and up from there a cool micro brewery, my and my wife had a beer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice region of the U.S..
My parents live south of Bellingham, in Anacortes, so I often visit the region.
There used to be a Filipino grocery store in Burlington, but I think it closed down in 2014.
Is there a large or concentrated Filipino community in Bellingham?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nice region of the U.S..
My parents live south of Bellingham, in Anacortes, so I often visit the region.
There used to be a Filipino grocery store in Burlington, but I think it closed down in 2014.
Is there a large or concentrated Filipino community in Bellingham?
There's a good number of em Bob. I used to live in Anacortes for about 13 yrs and Ex and son still do. Love that place and great town Live Oak Harbor now as real close to my work and naturally tons Filipinos here due to NAS Whidbey Island. If you are ever in area let me know and I'll buy ya a pint ...or two! Several Filipino stores here as well and one serves food too.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's a good number of em Bob. I used to live in Anacortes for about 13 yrs and Ex and son still do. Love that place and great town Live Oak Harbor now as real close to my work and naturally tons Filipinos here due to NAS Whidbey Island. If you are ever in area let me know and I'll buy ya a pint ...or two! Several Filipino stores here as well and one serves food too.
Thank you for the invitation.
What are the names and/or addresses of the Filipino stores?
My wife would be particular interested in grocery stores, so she could buy the ingredients to make my parents some Filipino food.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thank you for the invitation.
What are the names and/or addresses of the Filipino stores?
My wife would be particular interested in grocery stores, so she could buy the ingredients to make my parents some Filipino food.
Perlas is the main one we use in O. Harbor at corner of SE Ely St and Pioneer Way.
The other is Olive's Oriental on Midway. Third one is Hermie's Asian and Gift also on Midway a block or so south of Olives...we just never use it. A bigger All Asian type store chain in Seattle area you could hit on way up is Uwajimaya...google that and it'll pop up, or just add .com end of name. Google "Filipino stores Oak Harbor WA" and it'll pop up all three.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts