Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1701 - 1716 of 1716 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! Hope you all are doing great!!
I had a question: If I want to apply for 491 and 190 for ACT, will I be unable to apply if I have lived and worked a few months in Sydney?

A little bit on my back story, I completed Bachelor of IT from ANU so already have 3 years ACT residency. I then received my 485 visa but was stuck offshore for almost two years because of COVID travel ban. In these two years offshore, I worked. When borders opened up again, I got positive ACS skills assessment based on my work overseas and also will get the 485 replacement visa. But ever since I have been back (December), I have lived in Sydney with a friend and my address on bank, health insurance says so accordingly. Now my plan is to move back to ACT and after 6 months apply for 491 or 190 (my nominated occupation is on the critical skills list). I talked to an agent from Canberra and he said because I have lived and worked part time in Sydney, I am disqualified from ACT 491 and 190. According to him I can’t apply get 491 or 190 nomination anymore, even if I work for 6 months in the ACT. This is quite upsetting to hear and also I’m confused because the Canberra matrix says that ACT residence “does not have to be continuous”. So what to believe?
Sorry for the long post, I have confusing story but I would be so grateful for clarity on this!! Thanks so much! 🙏🏼

·
Registered
2 Posts
491 visa offshore applicant - submitted with police and health checks in May 2020. No correspondence from case officer to date despite processing times. (Still trying to be patient!)

Can I apply for a 417 first working holiday visa now whilst waiting for my 491 application to be processed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
491 visa offshore applicant - submitted with police and health checks in May 2020. No correspondence from case officer to date despite processing times. (Still trying to be patient!)

Can I apply for a 417 first working holiday visa now whilst waiting for my 491 application to be processed?

Did you ever work this out? Can you go on a working holiday visa whilst waiting for a 491 to be processed?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please confirm if form 80 is mandatory for 491 visa application or is it only required to be submitted if CO asks.

Also, can anyone please provide list of docs to be uploaded for 491 visa application.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,705 ·
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please confirm if form 80 is mandatory for 491 visa application or is it only required to be submitted if CO asks.

Also, can anyone please provide list of docs to be uploaded for 491 visa application.
Form 80 is invariably asked by the CO
You can choose to wait for the CO to ask and risk delaying your processing
Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
Form 80 is invariably asked by the CO
You can choose to wait for the CO to ask and risk delaying your processing
Cheers
@NB Thanks for your valuable reply!!
Will keep in mind the same.

I have another query if you can help ..For employment, I have Roles and responsibilities letter, Income tax form 26AS statements, ITR, PF statement , Salary slips and Bank account statement for last 10 years employment.

Is there anything else required to be uploaded along with them like appointment letter, offer letter etc or will these docs suffice the purpose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everybody,
good news, i received the visa grant letter today.

TAS - 85 points
visa app submittal date 29th December 2019
1st OC contact Jan 2020
2nd OC contact Jul 2021

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,709 ·
@NB Thanks for your valuable reply!!
Will keep in mind the same.

I have another query if you can help ..For employment, I have Roles and responsibilities letter, Income tax form 26AS statements, ITR, PF statement , Salary slips and Bank account statement for last 10 years employment.

Is there anything else required to be uploaded along with them like appointment letter, offer letter etc or will these docs suffice the purpose.
You may add the offer letter
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anybody tell is 80 is a good point marks for to apply under 190 category to Construction project manager post
or should I move to 491 category to increase the points up to 90 and apply

can we apply 90 and 491 at the same time?

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,712 ·
Can anybody tell is 80 is a good point marks for to apply under 190 category to Construction project manager post
or should I move to 491 category to increase the points up to 90 and apply

can we apply 90 and 491 at the same time?
You can have 2 separate EOIs for 190 and 491 simultaneously
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have recently lodged my 491 application on skillselect with status shown as "received". I did not receive correspondence or email to acknowledge they received my application. Is this normal, is this a glitch? or should i be receiving confirmation email of submission/lodgement

Thank you in advance! appreciate the kindness here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, I lodged 491 on a bridging A, awaiting a grant for sc408 (covid). Should I withdraw my 408 and stay on BVC since I applied for 491 on a BVA (to mitigate, although the very slim chance that my sc408 application will be refused and i get a S48 Bar)? Will the department request for withdrawal of sc408 application anyway if i don't withdraw?

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,716 ·
1701 - 1716 of 1716 Posts